BCRA Online Archive

langcliffe

The BCRA Online Archive software has been upgraded. The major changes are associated with the display of images.

The new version has three display levels:

1. The smallest, and the default, is guaranteed to fit the selected image onto the current screen display - whether it be a portable telephone or a larger screen. This allows the user to gain an overview of the image, even if he/she can't see the detail.

2. The next size up is guaranteed to fit the image across the width of the screen, but may require vertical scrolling (which is considered to be more acceptable than horizontal scrolling). This is not available on small screens, as it would display the same as (1) above. This level allows larger screen users to view the whole image at a reasonable resolution (but in a few cases, not necessarily the highest resolution), but they may need to scroll down to see all the image.

3. The next size up (which is the one required for high resolution images and for small screens) is the deep-zoom implementation. In this case, the whole image is displayed in a screen size window, and the user has the ability to zoom in up to the maximum available resolution, and to pan round. This will be of no benefit to people using larger screens until we start adding large resolution images. I do have a large resolution image available for testing, but this will be deleted in the next few days as I wouldn't like the Cave Research Group to sue me for copyright infringement.

If you encounter any problems, or have any comments, please let me know.