Drakelow Former Underground Rover Factory and Cold War Bunker nr Wolverhampton

moorebooks

I have been in touch with the owner of these tunnels and he is willing to allow full access for the day from 09:00 to 17:00. I am considering 9th April as a possible date

There are a couple of caveats there is a charge of ?10 a head and a minimum of ?500 required for the day, this involves all his staffing running of generators and raising income to carry out improvements to the site. There may also be an Insurance requirement which I need to check sub brit made this a stipulation of recent visit but it could have been a recruitment tool

We need a minimum of 60 people (allowing for no shows)

for more information of the site see ]http://www.stokes277.freeserve.co.uk/pages/drakelow.html]

There is a DVD http://www.iarecordings.org/productions/p16.html

and a book Drakelow Unearthed http://www.moorebooks.co.uk/shelves/cart.php?target=product&product...

Please let me know if you would like to go

Mike

vanoord

Could anyone who's interested please indicate so in this thread?

We're going to compile a master list of potential attendees and then formalise plans if/when we get to 50 ish.

Les - cheers, I've got you +5, ta!

Les W

BCA green card is exactly what they are looking for (or other colour cards that give membership of BCA's insurance scheme)

vanoord

Master list updated, presuming carabeener's 4 comprises 4 carabeeners, rather than 1 carabeener + 4, ie =5

jaswa

I'm restricted with dates due to work - but 9th april is good for me. Theres a few from UCET interested. BCA insurance no problem.

moorebooks

I will be putting a lid on numbers for the comfort of photographers,

that may require a second date addding

Mike

darwen dave

Have you included the names posted on NWEX? There's quite a few there.

Please can you give an update on any insurance requirements asap. I currently don't have any, but might have by then. The insurance issue could have quite an impact on the number of people who would like to go, and those who actually can.

carabeener

I posted on nwex about this, yes quite a few interested on there but depends on the insurance, most on there are not insured.  (Not too sure why insurance would be neede for a walk round). 

vanoord

darwen dave said:

Please can you give an update on any insurance requirements asap. I currently don't have any, but might have by then. The insurance issue could have quite an impact on the number of people who would like to go, and those who actually can.

The truthful answer is no, sorry.

I'm watching 4 forums about this trip  and collating data from them in order to sort out a master list. In addition, I admin on another (unrelated) forum and regularly contribute to yet another. I'm not sure I've got the time to watch another one!  :confused:

Could the list from NWEX (I presume I found the right forum, but I couldn't see the topic) please be posted to somewhere else (preferably AditNow as it's most reliable in sending me notification emails) and I'll update the master list?

Yes, insurance may be an issue: I'm happy to add people on the basis that they will have to get insurance if they wish to come along - otherwise they won't be coming along! This is not something I have any control over, but it can be easily arranged through many caving clubs or indeed through AN.

moorebooks

vanoord said:
darwen dave said:

The truthful answer is no, sorry.

I'm watching 4 forums about this trip  and collating data from them in order to sort out a master list. In addition, I admin on another (unrelated) forum and regularly contribute to yet another. I'm not sure I've got the time to watch another one!  :confused:

Could the list from NWEX (I presume I found the right forum, but I couldn't see the topic) please be posted to somewhere else (preferably Auditing as it's most reliable in sending me notification emails) and I'll update the master list?

Yes, insurance may be an issue: I'm happy to add people on the basis that they will have to get insurance if they wish to come along - otherwise they won't be coming along! This is not something I have any control over, but it can be easily arranged through many caving clubs or indeed through AN.

I am the originator of this visit and what started off on Adit Now, Mine explorer and Uk Caving seems to have got out of control. I deliberately didn't extend it beyond these three forums and would like to thank Vanoord for collating the lists, it was never intended it should turn into a full time job for him. Anyone outside these 3 forums needs to put the name forward through www.aditnow.co.uk

Insurance was a requirement for the recent Sub Brit visit and I need to clarify it may well be a requirement and those without will be refused entry

Mike