SUI Lockdown Livestreams #3 - Cave Diving

pmccarron97

Following on again from last week (which went much better than the first attempt, bar a few microphone issues  :LOL:) we're back once again for the Third in our series of Lockdown Livestreams.

This Week's Topic is Cave Diving - Featuring our Special Guest, Jim Warney.

As some of you may know, Jim is an Irish-based Cave Diver who has been actively exploring caves in Ireland since 2006, and diving since 1997. Ji is also the diving officer for the Irish Cave Rescue Organisation (ICRO) and will be talking about his exciting passion of exploring the dark flooded cave passages of Ireland. Other notable facts about Jim include his assistance during the Thai Cave Rescue in 2018.

So join us again this Thursday, 4th June 2020 at 8pm on our YouTube Channel. All being well, it should last approximately 1 hour!

https://youtu.be/AYyQykwBftU

We hope to see some of you there!

A big thank you once again to all the guests who have appeared throughout our series so far, in addition to all the photographers who have kindly allowed use of their photographs during the stream, including Robert Mulraney and Adam Prior.

If you would like to suggest a topic, or would like to come on the event as a guest, please feel free to message us either through the form, or via email: suipublicrelations@gmail.com

NB: As with all livestreaming events, we hope that everything runs smoothly, however there is still the chance that some of our guests who will be joining us may have internet connection issues. I apologise in advance if any issues present themselves during the stream. I personally will be fighting the technical challenges live as they present themselves!
[/center]

Kind Regards,
Paul McCarron

SUI Public Relations Officer
www.caving.ie
suipublicrelations@gmail.com

Attachments

• Lockdown_Livestream_3_-_Cave_Diving_Poster.jpeg
    Lockdown_Livestream_3_-_Cave_Diving_Poster.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 318

Huge

Will try to tune in! 🙂

Enjoyed last week's on cave photography.  (y)
I want to go to Brazil!!!

Pitlamp

I watched this with great interest last night. I've dived in caves for many years; never met Jim but I've been aware for a long time that some of the stuff he has been exploring is very impressive because of the difficult conditions he's had to work in. I'd certainly endorse his wise comments (in the Q & A session afterwards) when asked about advice for newbies.

Just wanted to thank Jim - and the others behind these SUI livestreams - for your time and effort to make this happen. It was well worth setting the evening aside to watch.

pmccarron97

Pitlamp said:
I watched this with great interest last night. I've dived in caves for many years; never met Jim but I've been aware for a long time that some of the stuff he has been exploring is very impressive because of the difficult conditions he's had to work in. I'd certainly endorse his wise comments (in the Q & A session afterwards) when asked about advice for newbies.

Just wanted to thank Jim - and the others behind these SUI livestreams - for your time and effort to make this happen. It was well worth setting the evening aside to watch.

Thanks for the kind words! I'll pass the message on to Jim.

I've been really enjoying the new challenges and skills learned from the on-the-go style training of helping to run these livestreams. Normally you wont see me as i'm lurking in the background letting the speakers know what is currently happening etc, or trying to fight small technical issues, like last night when Jim's Skype wouldn't allow screensharing for a strange reason.
Most people have probably been able to see the jump in quality over the last couple of streams - it's been fun to find new methods of approaching each session, which no only improve quality, but also improve the look and feel of the whole livestream.

Next week's livestream will be on another interesting topic - Cave Surveying. Hopefully people will be able to tune in again at the same time next week :)

Pitlamp

You've done a fine job. One small suggestion - if it's possible to extend the time for Q & A, after the main presentations, I think that would be good.

pmccarron97

Pitlamp said:
You've done a fine job. One small suggestion - if it's possible to extend the time for Q & A, after the main presentations, I think that would be good.

Yes, definitely! Thanks for the suggestion :)