Radford Quarry

mrodoc

This one is for PCG members mainly. As a matter of interest has anybody searched Radford Quarry face for caves. I am sure they must have but thought worth asking. It is now a Countryside Wildlife area on the opposite side of the lake to Radford Cave.

D.Send

Hi mrodoc,
Back in the '60s the private quarry face was perfectly visible without going in. Nothing obvious to report though....

D.Send.

MrPlymExplorer

mrodoc said:
This one is for PCG members mainly. As a matter of interest has anybody searched Radford Quarry face for caves. I am sure they must have but thought worth asking. It is now a Countryside Wildlife area on the opposite side of the lake to Radford Cave.

Hello Pete,

Myself and my wife searched the entire area a few weeks back and couldn't find anything. You can see many small openings where bats go, but apart from that, its just filled with water.

I believe it homes the spider "Horrid ground weaver" and due to it being a protected species, Wainhomes are unable to build anything there.

There is a way down to the Quarry via the wooded area west of the walkway to Radford Lake, but is a little slippery going down.