Photos from TAG....Dec 2011

Amy

So I went to TAG for my birthday to cave =) Here are some of my fav. photos from the trip.

First cave we climbed down into was Iron Hoop. Its one of those gorgeous caves with a bit of everything, one you want to go back to again and again and every time you'll see something different. The 500ft-ish wet crawl over cobblestone after a somewhat harrowing climbdown is definitly worth it for the beauty within.

This formation seemed rather precarious...the shelf eaten away to a point underneath  :eek:

Iron Hoop 9 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

A lovely rimstone pool and travertine floor

Iron Hoop 5 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Active flowstone formation (hence all the shimmering...water trickling down it) with short rimstone pools underneath and more travertine

Iron Hoop 3 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Some of one of the formation gallaries

Iron Hoop 11 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

~~~

Next stop was Blevin's Gap. Its a small pit entrance cave (about a 25ft rappel) with an additional rappel of about 15ft inside it through a tight squeeze (which only one of our group made it through, we did have it rigged for a haul or lower system in case he couldn't get through coming back up! Luckily all was good. I probably could have made it, but had not planned on doing vertical this trip due to my still-healing broken hand which is my brake hand so i ended up on borrowed gear and wasn't feeling quite comfortable with it, and the entrace rappel was harrowing enough. Climbing not such a big deal but I didn't have good control on the rappel and was happy for my belay haha.) Its another cave I plan on returning to, and I will attempt the 2nd rappel then.

The entire cave is decorated. This is also my first time using two flashes, since Mark brought his firefly and another flash :D

Blevins Gap 9 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Blevins Gap 8 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Blevins Gap 6 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Probably my fav. shot of the trip:

Blevins Gap 12 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Also, this entire cave flouresces....have plans to return with a tripod and some other kit to get some MUCH better photos of the glow :D

Blevins Gap 13 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

~~~~

And last cave trip was to Tumbling Rock...it is owned (newly! woot!) by the SCCi (one of our cave conservancies) and the Christmas Tree formation is a tradition to decorate, started in 2009 doing it =) I finally got to see it. Most of my photos this trip were of others who wanted pictures of them in the cave. It was different trying to set up shots with people...becuase I dont take photos that way often. I think I did okay though everyone seems to like their photos =)

Our entire group...im the one with the awesome purple duo insert from Bif :D

Tumbling Rock Christmas 18 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Just the tree with no foreground light =)

Tumbling Rock Christmas 10 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

One of the formation rooms

Tumbling Rock Christmas 8 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

More formations.....

Tumbling Rock Christmas 6 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Topless Dome, 396 ft. I did this on a 8 second hand held exposure. :D

Tumbling Rock Christmas 21 by Sunguramy, on Flickr

Amy

You should! I am learning where all the cool stuff is here in the states, I can hook ya up ;) :D Come!!! And bring Ditzy too! How is your dog doing btw? Did they ever catch the bastard?

Brains

Dogs are doing well, and no they havent caught anyone yet  :mad:

Will have to meet up here or there - money is the big problem of course, the bank wants to return to our original arrangement of me banking with them!

Amy

Yeah. If'n I get a decent enough job I'll come for HE this year maybe. If not...will have to shoot for 2013.