Nig Rogers

Scrappycaver

Scrappycaver said:
Trig Gledhill said:
Obviously not inciting you're a keyboard warrior but it seems that's all this Draenen malarkey has been. One big slanging match on that forum.

We are cavers, I just go caving.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Only on controlled selected entrances

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
We lost a great warrior last night in the on going saga of defending multiple entrances..Nig Rogers. Sad loss .

[gmod]These posts relating to the sad loss of Nig Rogers were split from the "Descent article on Twll Du" post in the Wales section.[/gmod]

Scrappycaver said:
Scrappycaver said:
Trig Gledhill said:
Obviously not inciting you're a keyboard warrior but it seems that's all this Draenen malarkey has been. One big slanging match on that forum.

We are cavers, I just go caving.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Only on controlled selected entrances

We lost a great warrior last night in the on going saga of defending multiple entrances..Nig Rogers. Sad loss .

Just checking.... Scrappycaver's post sounds like Nig Rogers is no longer with us?? That would be a sad loss indeed  :(

Stuart France

Sad news indeed. Nig Rogers died suddenly at home on Friday 3rd August. More into surfing in recent years, although still very much in touch with caving and access issues, he'd got back home on Thursday evening with no warning that anything was seriously wrong.

Mary is being well supported by friends and bearing up well after this terrible shock.

I personally have lost a very good friend from the caving world. Caving has lost an enthusiastic explorer, a discoverer of new caves, and one of the most effective campaigners for the recognition of rights to go caving that other outdoor pursuits can simply take for granted.

I'm not really comfortable that this thread is the right place for this news to emerge, though the last message I received from Nig only a few days ago was the strongest encouragement to keep pursuing the cave access issues that have been so close to his heart.

My contact details are all on the Cambrian Caving Council website if anyone would like to contact me privately.

Stuart France

Roger W

Stuart France said:
Sad news indeed. Nig Rogers died suddenly at home on Friday 3rd August. More into surfing in recent years, although still very much in touch with caving and access issues, he'd got back home on Thursday evening with no warning that anything was seriously wrong.

Mary is being well supported by friends and bearing up well after this terrible shock.

I personally have lost a very good friend from the caving world. Caving has lost an enthusiastic explorer, a discoverer of new caves, and one of the most effective campaigners for the recognition of rights to go caving that other outdoor pursuits can simply take for granted.

I'm not really comfortable that this thread is the right place for this news to emerge, though the last message I received from Nig only a few days ago was the strongest encouragement to keep pursuing the cave access issues that have been so close to his heart.

My contact details are all on the Cambrian Caving Council website if anyone would like to contact me privately.

Stuart France

Sad news.  Mods - could this perhaps be echoed or whatever to the Obit section?

tony from suffolk

Oh dear, that's very sad! I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but we spoke a few times on the 'phone. He was full of passion for his caving. RIP Nig.

ptpeaty

I met with Nig on Wednesday evening. We were planning to go surfing at Porthcawl, but in the end, we spent a good hour or so talking as there was a lack of decent surf. He was his usual old self and we had a good joke about this, that and the other. Having known him since 1980, I counted him as a good friend. RIP Nig.

Pitlamp

This is a shock for me; Nig and I shared many trips in the Dales in the late 70s before he "emigrated" (as I used to joke) to Wales.  For some time around then he was a regular at the CPC's Horton hostel (Ivy Cottage). He told me he made the move to Wales because he wanted to get stuck into the many juicy digs which had impressed him on weekend visits previously. I never met up with him again after that but we kept in occasional contact. We sometimes disagreed about access issues but we never fell out over them.

What a dreadful piece of news. You'd never meet a more genuine and enthusiastic caver.

Ian Adams

Profoundly sad news, Nig was a great person to know and I enjoyed his company and his passion greatly.

Like so many others, I too have lost a good friend.

Rest in Peace.

Ian

Alex

I only caved a couple of times Nig, the main time was to push one of his digs, using my services as a relative thin person. I think this was when Hidden earth was in South Wales and as usual I decided I would go caving.  After that short period I learned how much he was a keen explorer and wanted the best access for caves. He also taught me a thing or two about snappers and that knowledge will be one small part of him that should carry on.

You will be missed Nig.

ptpeaty

Nig?s funeral takes place on Thursday 23/8/18 at 12:00pm at Llanelli Crematorium.

Mary his wife asks that
?All are welcome to attend, but no gates please! People should wear whatever they wish. No flowers please, but donations instead can be made to the charity Surfers Against Sewage with cheques being sent to
Keith Morgan & Sons, 39 Betws Rd; Ammanford, SA18 2HE.

Following the funeral, people will be welcome to come to the King?s Head, at 31, Waterloo Rd; Capel Hendre, Ammanford, SA18 3SF for a snack and a chat.?