Cave Access Research Project - Questionnaire - PLEASE HELP

Are you interested in the ongoing debate on Cave Access Restrictions? Please have your say on the Questionnaire at this link:

https://goo.gl/forms/QLsUNtNHT9NMALta2

This questionnaire is anonymous and will be used in part completion of my major project and dissertation for a MSc course on Environmental Management which I am currently studying at Sheffield Hallam University. The title of the project is:

An investigation into the reasons for, and perceptions of, access restrictions to caves and recreational mines within mainland Britain

The questionnaire will be accepting responses until the 6th August

Thank you for your time

If you have any further information you would like to contribute to the project I would love to hear from you at b7021226@student.shu.ac.uk 

aricooperdavis

:LOL:

Attachments

• Access.png
    Access.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 260
Hi All

Thanks for the responses so far. Much appreciated. Keep them coming

I would also like to add that if anyone would like to share this to their club pages or other caving media outlets then they are more than welcome. Would be good to get as wide a response as possible.

Thanks

Alex

Filled in.

On the whole very comprehensive, my only slight gripe is that you pick an answer which invalidates other questions could mean you select something that is contradiction. For example if you select you never pirate something it still asks you how much you pirate.

alastairgott

I've not completed it yet, sorry Mr or Mrs cave access research....

I guess you could have taken the decision to never pirate something again  :halo: having once or twice pirated something in the past.

Or you could have been good as gold in the past  :halo:, but plan on visiting an underground space with no formal access agreement.

BradW

Every question in section 7 is of the form "I accept ........." apart from the last one which is

7.13 - I do not accept the validity of any form of access restriction *

Never 1 2 3 4 5 Always

This lends itself to getting the opposite answer to the one you want as you have conditioned people to answering the "I accept" questions.

PeteHall

I suspect the statistical analysis of responses would show up if people have misread this question in any significant numbers.

After all, if you do not accept the validity of any access agreements, you are unlikely to have accepted the various types of access agreement in the previous questions.

yrammy

I started to reply but as I am no longer an active caver I stopped as the questions did not cater for me. But I am involved with caving. 
Thanks
Mary

mch

I've completed the survey and the only issue that I had was that it asks you if you've ever pirated and then in the next question asks if that was once and then jumps straight to a percentage. I answered yes to the "ever pirated" question, but my answer to the next one should have been 3 or 4 times but the percentage option would have (over 40 years of caving) far exceeded this. I could only answer "prefer not to say" rather than give a totally incorrect answer.

Peregrina

Maybe I should have answered differently about the region with the worst access arrangements    :sneaky:

Study this: https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=23791.msg298599;topicseen#new

Hi Kay

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Conservation work most certainly is important. My apologies. I guess i thought it was covered within the scientific work option. But i apologise all the same and note your comment.

Thanks

Hi all

Just a reminder that there's only a few days left for anyone wishing to complete the above surve. Thanks again to all who took part. Your efforts are much appreciated.

kay

Cave Access Research said:
Conservation work most certainly is important. My apologies. I guess i thought it was covered within the scientific work option. But i apologise all the same and note your comment.

I can see where you're coming from. But I see scientific work as trying to further knowledge (either of society or of the caver personally) about caves, their origins, their geology, flora and flora. So I didn't put myself down as involved in scientific work, whereas I am involved in conservation. I suspect a goog proportion of the many people I know who are involved in conservation work would have answered similarly. So you may find conservation work under-represented.