Irish Student Caving Forum 2019

pmccarron97

Hi Everyone!

The annual Irish Student Caving Forum (ISCF) will take place from the 19th - 22nd April 2019 in Kiltyclogher, County Leitrim. Its basically our version of CHECC.

As always it should be a great weekend for all student cavers and anyone else who wishes to tag along.
TU Dublin (formerly DIT) Caving Club are hosting the forum this year, and we hope to give them as much of a hand as possible!

Most updates can be found on the facebook event page: (https://www.facebook.com/events/775727566129053/)

However, if they post anymore information i'll do my best to update this thread.

Thanks!

Planning to take a car (at least!) of SUSS down as usual. Will probably go for a few days before and stay in the Hoo. See you there!

pmccarron97

Folks, bit of an update from the facebook page. Thought I would drop the info here just incase anyone interested hasn't seen it yet.

*Forum update*

Paypal link: paypal.me/CavingForum2019

*use full name when paying pleeease*

Prices are ?45pp if you're staying in the holiday centre and ?35pp if you?re camping outside. Pay the whole shebang or a deposit of ?25 with the rest on arrival.

Do keep in mind beds are limited so payment of a deposit may not guarantee you one. However plenty of space for ground mats and your own sleeping bags ; ) Ground mats are also limited though so please bring your own.

Pre-rigged caves (subject to change):

• Pollnagossan
  • Pollnatagha-Pollprughlish
  • Shannon cave
  • Noon?s Hole
  • Prod's Pot

Anyone to help rig above or more are most welcome.

Talks:

• Dr Tina Aughney - Bat Conservation and Caves
  • Petie Barry Dundee ? Tasmanian expedition
  • Tony Seddon ? Recent exploits
  • Adam Prior - Dachstein Expedition
  • Aoife/Chris ? SUI schtuff

There?ll be goodie bags for all, the usual stuff: booklets, t-shirts, Easter junk food etc. Sunday table quiz in the cosy corner pub with an endless supply of pints to sharpen your mind. A raffle with quality prizes, not a load of disappointing Easter eggs like last time, and a lovely ladies competition, aka drag show, subject to number of people willing to shame themselves on stage.

There?ll be a big conservation theme at this year?s forum so if you feel you?ve depraved yourself enough there?ll be a chance to burn the fat off your soul and volunteer to help out with a cave clean-up, most likely in Pollnagossan 😁

Unfortunately by SUI decree, there are currently no access to the following caves;

• Pollnaraftra
  • Cascades
  • Diarmuid and Grainne