CavefestUK review wisdom lights.

Think we saw you in Swildon?s today. Was going to give a mate a bit of impromptu ladder tuition using yours, rigged on the 20, but then you (I think) appeared at the bottom.

tomferry

Think I also saw you  definitely 2 people in cave fest uk outfits at Swildons yesterday could be wrong as different people in the videos one had a green suit .

Yes that was us Tribal Chestnut & Down and beyond.
We would have happily assisted in some ladder tuition but I'm sure there will be many other opportunities.
It was nice chatting to you all and we hope you had a great trip.
We found Glenn/Glynn sat waiting in the wet way on the way up. Hope he wasn't part of you party as he was well and truly lost bless him.

Down and beyond said:
Think I also saw you  definitely 2 people in cave fest uk outfits at Swildons yesterday could be wrong as different people in the videos one had a green suit .

Definitely me in the video. Hehhe

tomferry

Awesome It?s a small world ! I have done the 20 before and sump 1 usually am with the gss group but have started to travel more so hope to see you again !

Luckily was only the two of us and we got out ok

Down and beyond said:
Awesome It?s a small world ! I have done the 20 before and sump 1 usually am with the gss group but have started to travel more so hope to see you again !

Luckily was only the two of us and we got out ok

Look forward to it. CavefestUK members are often underground somewhere.
Just in case........
We are holding our annual festival this year at Crickhowell during the August Bank Holiday 26th - 30th.
Come and join the fun.

CavefestUK said:
Yes that was us Tribal Chestnut & Down and beyond.
We would have happily assisted in some ladder tuition but I'm sure there will be many other opportunities.
It was nice chatting to you all and we hope you had a great trip.
We found Glenn/Glynn sat waiting in the wet way on the way up. Hope he wasn't part of you party as he was well and truly lost bless him.

That was our Glenn. We were having a little SRT play on the 40, but he hared off rather than wait.

Didn?t find him on our way out, but thought if he hadn?t exited then he?d be stuck somewhere in the wet way, probably nr the awkward little climb, not being familiar with the route!

As it transpires that?s where I would have found him, as that?s exactly where you gave him a little assistance, so thanks for that. 👍

Valuable lesson learned for him too.

Fjell

Might have seemed fab compared to a T cell back in the early ?80?s, the battery end at least. Putting the cable on top is a conscious (if slightly bonkers) effort to avoid other people?s patents? I actually don?t think that is safe in a gaseous environment where it can be impacted. I would not buy them for work.

The KL4MS is a funny item in that it is not rated for mines. That charging point on the battery probably being the culprit.

PeteHall

We tested a couple of these for the CaveFest guys on a digging trip last week. One corded, one cordless.

The beam is bloody tight, but I actually found this quite convenient while working with a hammer and chisel. The light spill was enough to light up the (small) surrounding area and the beam rested nicely on the striking face of the chisel; I didn't hit my thumb once  ;)

The battery pack is very light and I hardly noticed it, but when the cable got snagged, as it comes off the top of the headset, it pulled it straight off my helmet...

Other than the tight beam, my main concern with both units is that you can't open them up to check for water ingress.

During a quick test, it's hard to know how robust they are, but both units seemed pretty tough.

If these were ?30 a pop, I could imagine them being quite handy as cheap club lights, certainly better than what we used to use, but at ?80-?100, I can't see any advantage over other alternatives and there are many drawbacks.

If I was given one, I'd happily use it as a digging lamp, but I certainly wouldn't buy one, or use it for sport caving.

Fjell said:
Might have seemed fab compared to a T cell back in the early ?80?s, the battery end at least. Putting the cable on top is a conscious (if slightly bonkers) effort to avoid other people?s patents? I actually don?t think that is safe in a gaseous environment where it can be impacted. I would not buy them for work.

The KL4MS is a funny item in that it is not rated for mines. That charging point on the battery probably being the culprit.

The KL4  actually charges through the lamp itself and seems to be quite a robust charging unit. The magnetic outlet on the side is for its power pack function. It can also be charged from there i think, but not reccomend.
The KL12 doesn't have this feature.