Books for sale

LeckFell

I have a number of caving books for sale. They are duplicates from my collection and I need to clear some space quickly. They are all well used but in fair to good condition. Hardback editions have sleeves with minor creases and curls. Some of the books have inscriptions on the inside page.

Best offer above ?25 by 18th April Sunday midnight please together with a suggested delivery mechanism. Buyer will need to take into account the extra delivery cost, which may be in the region of ?15 (the books weigh 5.8 kilo). However, I am in Settle from 19th to 22nd next week, so can use cavers post from there or nearby. Otherwise, I?m in the Harrogate area. By the way, I?m not keen on splitting them. PM me if you want to make a private offer.

Northern Caves 2, The Three Peaks, 1991
Northern Caves 3, The Three Counties System and the North West, 1994
Caves of the Peak District, Gill and Beck, 1991
Limestone and Caves of North West England, edited Waltham, 1974. Hardback with sleeve.
Limestone and Caves of the Mendip Hills, edited Smith, 1975. Hardback with sleeve
The Cave Explorers, Jim Eyre, 1981. Hardback with sleeve
Gaping Gill, 150 years of exploration, Beck, 1984. Hardback with sleeve
The History of Mendip Caving, Johnson, 1967. Hardback with sleeve
Northern Caves, Volume One, Wharfedale and Nidderdale, 1979. Paperback, fair
Northern Caves, Volume Three, Ingleborough, 1975. Tatty and falling to bits
Northern Caves, Volume Four, Whernside and Gragareth, 1975. Tatty and falling to bits
Northern Caves, Volume Three, Inglebourough, 1981. Tatty but intact
Northern Caves, Volume 4A, Scales Moor and Kingsdale, 1983. Well-thumbed but intact
Northern Caves, Volume 4B, Leck and Casterton Fells, 1983. Well-thumbed but intact
The P8 Cave, Castleton, BSA 1973. A4 paperback. Creased.
Caves of Northern Derbyshire, Part 2, Giants-Oxlow System, 1975. A4, good condition
Caves of Northern Derbyshire, Part 3, Perryfoot/Coalpithole, 1975. A4 good condition
Caves of Northern Derbyshire, Part 4, Rushup Edge Swallets, 1976. A4 good condition
Caving and Potholing, Judson and Champion, 1981. Paperback, fair
Pictures in the Cave by George Mackay Brown, 1977. Fiction, paperback, fair

Ian Ball

Honestly you should split them, The Cave Explorers by Jim Eyre goes for ?50 on it's own.

I'll offer the ?25 and collect from Harrogate to get things going.

maxb727

If you did split them there are a couple we are interested in and would pay more than ?25 for just a couple.

LeckFell

After the last year and all the hassles that have gone with it I thought I'd get some extra positivity into the caving world. Yes, a bargain for someone, but I'm pleased about that. Sufficient interest has been shown for these books to be sold. Midnight Sunday is the deadline and I will notify the lucky bidder.

alastairgott

?44.44, I might be able to persuade a friend who commutes through Harrogate (or near enough) to pick them up.

RobinGriffiths

Ian Ball said:
Honestly you should split them, The Cave Explorers by Jim Eyre goes for ?50 on it's own.

I'll offer the ?25 and collect from Harrogate to get things going.

Ha! There was one on Amazon just now ('good' condition, slight tears in dust jacket) - signed by author for ?15. The other 3 were around the ?50 mark though. I lent mine to a friend who never gave it back. So looking forward to reliving Jim's adventures.

moorebooks

rhychydwr1 said:
WOW! ?25 a bargain.

I suggest you use www.parcel2go.com they give alternative carriers and quotes for sending a box of books that size will cost less than a tenner , you can have collected or drop off at a shop local to you. I regularly use for parcels weighing over 2 kilo

Mike

Ed

If I can help - I can pick up from Harrogate ---- only down t'Dale  and sort caver post.

LeckFell

Thank you for the interest shown in these books. I have received some great offers - both public and private - and the winning private bidder has now been notified.