Under The Water Holme Bank Chert Mine

Mark Wright

Great video and I particularly liked the stills.

I had load of dives in Holme Bank back in the 80's after Dick Turner and Ian Rennie first negotiated access for the CDG.

My last trip in there was about 20 years ago. I took the South Yorkshire Police Underwater Search Unit for a dive in return for them servicing the stolen DCRO band mask.

Mark

Paul Marvin

Mark Wright said:
Great video and I particularly liked the stills.

I had load of dives in Holme Bank back in the 80's after Dick Turner and Ian Rennie first negotiated access for the CDG.

My last trip in there was about 20 years ago. I took the South Yorkshire Police Underwater Search Unit for a dive in return for them servicing the stolen DCRO band mask.

Mark

This vid took a LONG time to do Mark    (y)

Pitlamp

Great footage Paul.

Mark - you wrote: "My last trip in there was about 20 years ago. I took the South Yorkshire Police Underwater Search Unit for a dive in return for them servicing the stolen DCRO band mask."

I didn't know about that. Please consider doing a dive log, however short, for the Newsletter. It doesn't matter if it was 20(ish) years ago; such events are well worth having in the record for the future, for all sorts of reasons.

Paul Marvin

Pitlamp said:
Great footage Paul.

Mark - you wrote: "My last trip in there was about 20 years ago. I took the South Yorkshire Police Underwater Search Unit for a dive in return for them servicing the stolen DCRO band mask."

I didn't know about that. Please consider doing a dive log, however short, for the Newsletter. It doesn't matter if it was 20(ish) years ago; such events are well worth having in the record for the future, for all sorts of reasons.

Thanks John  (y), those little critters living on the wood fascinate me and are always there, if you look closely and from what research I have done on them , they shouldn't be there at all " fast flowing clear streams " ? 

Blueberry

Nice video, I've spent plenty of time in there. Water is a constant cold. About 8-9 degrees. Very tranquil, the fallen slab is always a beautiful site to see when you have your lights on.
:)

jcarter5826

Good beam angle by the looks of them. Even coverage. Mine are a bit under powered. Output has moved on quite a bit since.

Paul Marvin

jcarter5826 said:
Good beam angle by the looks of them. Even coverage. Mine are a bit under powered. Output has moved on quite a bit since.

That Greenforce is as old as chips my new Chinese ones are great    :D

Paul Marvin

Blueberry said:
Nice video, I've spent plenty of time in there. Water is a constant cold. About 8-9 degrees. Very tranquil, the fallen slab is always a beautiful site to see when you have your lights on.
:)

Nearly every mine you dive is 8 degs  :-\