Aditnow Mining Talk

Monty_Stubble

The next Aditnow Online Mining Talk is this Thursday, 3rd June at 20.30 on the Zoom Platform. The login will be released 24 hours beforehand.

Whitby... it's all Captain Cook, Whaling, Dracula, Goths and of course Jet.

Chris Twigg will be revealing many of the secrets of the Whitby Jet Industry from its Victorian heyday to more recent shady goings-on.

Does the stuff just drop out of the cliffs or is there another tale to tell?

Find out more on Thursday.

ChrisJC

Having seen this one before, I can thoroughly recommend it. It's very interesting.

Chris.

Monty_Stubble

Presenter :-
Chris Twigg, Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council & North York Moors Caving Club
Chris has been involved in mine and cave exploration across the North East for the last decade. An active member of the North York Moors Caving Club, Cleveland Mining Heritage Society, Durham Cave and Mine Club and Cleveland Industrial Archaeology Society to name but a few.
After witnessing the final demise of the Teesside Iron and Steel industry for 20 years, Chris has been employed by Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council since 2017 on ?East Cleveland?s Industrial Heartland? a Lottery Heritage Funded project to discover, catalogue, promote and conserve industrial heritage in the area.