Molluscan Hall to High Level route

Stu

Says an 11m scaling of the Ease Gill Aven required to make way towards the HL route to Snail Cavern. Is it rigged, freeclimable or needs "scaling"? Cheers

susie

There was a thick hairy rope hanging down it last time I was there. I keep meaning to replace it, but I haven't yet got round to it.

Thick and hairy - that would be something to do with the Red Rose then!! Snigger! :LOL:

Think I'd better be off now, anyone comes looking you ain't seen me - right!

susie

I wandered over the top of Easegill Aven earlier today with my grand-daughter and a friend of hers, and I can confirm that the thick hairy rope is still there. I suspect that it might be intended for use as a handline, but I wouldn't fancy it myself.

Stu

susie said:
I wandered over the top of Easegill Aven earlier today with my grand-daughter and a friend of hers, and I can confirm that the thick hairy rope is still there. I suspect that it might be intended for use as a handline, but I wouldn't fancy it myself.

Haha, the rope or the climb down!!!?

susie

stu said:
susie said:

Haha, the rope or the climb down!!!?
I apologise if my wording was imprecise. I was trying to say that I wouldn't fancy climbing down from the top of Easegill Aven using a handline. On the other hand, I also avoid the handlines in Spiral Staircase Passage, but other people seem to leap up and down them with gay abandon.

cap n chris

I didn't know my sister's old school chum, Gay, had taken up caving; she always was keen on outdoor pursuits. Obviously now married, given her change of surname.

dunc

I didn't know my sister's old school chum, Gay, had taken up caving; she always was keen on outdoor pursuits. Obviously now married, given her change of surname.
She must be a strange sort if she spends so much time in Spiral Staircase passage..

On the other hand, I also avoid the handlines in Spiral Staircase Passage, but other people seem to leap up and down them with gay abandon.
They have handlines now?:eek:
I guess they are old rope but recently placed, does that make it better?? :?