*** SOLD *** Caving Library for Sale

rhychydwr1

That is correct.  I am retiring from caving and I am putting my library up for sale, both books:

SOPRA E SOTTO IL CARSO No 2 1993 52 pp, photos, surveys etc.  Contents:
A look back over the year 1993; Carlo Hugues: A Speleological Pioneer; First Contribution to the Karst of Zona di Clastra (S Pietro al Natisone, Udine); The Underground Laboratory: Finally a Reality; Grotta di Sanguarzo: Characteristic of Air Currents; The Phenomena of the Karst Visto dai Bambini; Caucasus Expedition 1991 in the Pantjukhin Cave (-1508m). [just realised, this article is in German. In Autumn 1991 5 Austrian caves were invited by the Moscow Caving Club "Green Rope" for a trip to the Caucasus].  A Speleological Bibliography of the Karst Research Centre "C Seppenhofer" from 1978 to 1992. [this is cross indexed by author and subject].  A nice journal, printed on art paper, with colour front cover.  In Italian.  SB £1.00

SUMATRA 87 by Des Marshall et al 66 pp 10 figs It is amazing what turns up after 19 years, another publication, unknown to most cavers, but needless to say, essential reading for anyone going to Sumatra.  SB £5.00

THE PROCEEDINGS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF BRISTOL SPELEOLOGICAL SOCIETY Vol 20 No 3 1996. pp 171-282, photos, surveys etc. This is a high quality publication, heavily subsidised by the University. This issue is particularly sought after as it contains the latest notes on the caves of Co Galway and Co Clare; Brazil etc. Other articles include the topics, mineralogy and archaeology. A full contents list is given below:
Officers, 1996-97;  Sulphate Filamentary Crystals and their Aggregates in Caves V. A. Maltsev;  A Brief Introduction to Karst and Caves in Brazil A. Auler and A.R. Farrant; Banwell Bone and Stalactite Caves 1757 –1826 DJ. Irwin and C. Richard;  Cave Notes : County Clare and County Galway, Ireland, 1996 A.Boycott, GJ. Mullan and L.J. Wilson; A Report on the Excavations at Rhinoceros Hole, Wookey CJ. Proctor, S.N. Collcutt, A.P. Currant, CJ. Hawkes, DA. Roe andP.L. Smart; Fourth interim report on the survey and excavations in the Wye valley, 1996 R.N.E. Barton;  Secretaries' report, March 1995 - March 1996; Reviews: A Dictionary of Karst and Caves by A. Waltham and D. Lowe Karst and Caves of Great Britain, by A C  Waltham, M J Simms, A R Farrant and H S Goldie;  Speleological Bibliography of South Asia by H.D.Gebauer, R E. Mansfield, C. Chabert, and H. Kusch;  Index to Volume 20,1994-1996.  SB £6.00

DESCENT – UK's top caving magazine.  Back numbers at bargain prices:  Nos 101, 105, 106, 108, 109, 113, 117, 119 to 123, 126 to 128, 130, 133 to 140, 142 to 144, 148,  177 April/May 2004.  Usually £3.50 each + postage.  From me, only £2.50 post free.

DESCENT – UK's top caving magazine.  Back numbers at bargain prices:  Nos 27, 33, 35, 37, Most of these are out of print.  Usually £4.00 each + postage.  From me, only £3.50 post free.

CAVES AND CAVING – this is a nice glossy magazine produced by the British Cave Research Association.  Nos 44 to 50, 55, 56, 58, 62, 63, 68, 72, 74, 75, 77, 80 to 89  Winter 2000/200, published at £2.20 but from me only £1 each plus postage.

INTERNATIONAL CAVER all at £2.00 each, post free:

No 1 October 1991.  A new and very different caving magazine, written and published by cavers.  Full colour photos, printed on high quality art paper, card cover for extra durability.  In this issue: Lebanon, Tanzania, Hungary, Turkey, Algeria, and Slovenia as well as all the latest international cave news.  In English!

No 4 July 1992 44 pp photos.  Optimisticeskaja & Ozernaja: Giant Gypsum Caves of Ukraine; Congress Report: Alpine Caves; World Cavers Guide and Karst Atlas 1 Northern Italy; Baradla Barlang; Bohemia & Achernar Cave, Mt Owen NZ; Return to the Caves, Allan O retracing the steps of 18th C cave explorers; Modern Explosives; International News Reviews etc  SB

No 5 October 1992  44 pp photos.  Belize, an introduction to the land and caves; The Underground Gebihe River, Guizhou, China; Vietnam 1992, Return to the River Caves of Quang Binh; NW Thailand, the story so far; World Cavers Guide and Karst Atlas - South Italy  etc.  Good international coverage.

No 6 January 1993 44 pp photos.  Auyantepuy: the Devil's mountain (Esado Bolivar, Venezuela); Caves of Thunder: the exploration of the Baliem River Cave, Irian Jaya, Indonesia; Caves and Cave Conservation in Brazil; The caves of Sofular and Cayirköy, Black Sea Coast, Turkey; Namoroka 1992, Madagascar; International News etc. SB

No 18 [December] 1996  40 pp surveys, photos, An important new discovery in Lebanon: houet Qattîne Azat -450m deepest in Lebanon; Cave Reconnaissance in East Sulawesi, Indonesia; Gouffre de Padirac - La grande jonction, a 50 hour, 19 km through trip with 22 sumps; Bats, Slabs and Dinosaurs: The Story of Tham Jowlarm, Thailand; Cave Art in the Blue Caves of Western Mongolia; Philipines 1995 - results of an international expedition; Book Reviews, latest news and more.  SB

No 23 and No 24  all at £2.00 each, post free

INTERNATIONAL CAVER 2 Bound volumes Nos 1-20 lacking No 15  £35.00 post free

INTERNATIONAL CAVER spare binder – takes 12 issues  £3.00 post free for more details please contact me:

tonyfoldham@hotmail.com