BCA no longer recognised in Cornwall

Declaration of Independence from cross border stupidity.​

Since building a wall and Making Cornwall Great Again is not likely to be regarded as a workable option by Cornwall's ruling class, the CBC has had no choice but to draw it's line in the sand and no longer recognises the authority of the BCA (British Caving Association) and the DCUC (Devon and Cornwall Underground Council). Going down holes should be about going down holes, not waving willies, beard measuring or daft nonsense like the borderline OCD BCA bolting protocol.

The CBC regards these organisations as pathogenic to the interests of hole going and hostile to the free enjoyment of history, geology, mineralogy and industrial archaeology, free from unnecessary gates, locks, hindrance, hassle and general henpecked little men making a fuss. It is with great sorrow that we must draw a line under this nonsense and hopefully move forward together, embracing open mindedness, tolerance, 21st century values and most importantly, the valued joy of our fantastic pastime.

We no longer recognise any of the protocols, access related foolishness, silly empires of silly men with their weirdy beardy hierarchy of extraordinary general meetings, decisions about padlocks and which sillybilly wears the ceremonial sword. The CBC refuses to engage with any protocol in this manner and actively encourages other local groups to abstain from this ritualistic silliness.

We are entering a period of exciting exploring, embracing techniques and technology gained from cross curricular developments. We do not and cannot accept this continued Luddite, hair shirt, dogmatic and bigoted nonsense infesting underground exploration like a dirty and unwanted fungus.

From this moment forward, as the most important, big and awesome underground organisation in the UK, we would advise others to embrace the future and put this pack of bullshitters to bed and will set the motion in progress by this declaration of independence.

British Caving Group. We in Cornwall no longer recognise your authority or views on caving/underground related matters.

Devon and Cornwall Underground Council, We do not recognise your bigoted and nonsensical approach to caving related matters in the SW. We are actively hostile to, and strongly oppose your approach to empire building. Aka say "See-ya" to your locks, every time you replace them.

Yours in a friendly pirate fashion.

Chief Hacksaw Officer,

CBC, GFY

Carbis Bay Crew Dominion Broadcast #1

mrodoc

There are hardly any natural caves in Cornwall apart from seacaves. i haven't seen any locked ;)

rhychydwr1

mrodoc said:
There are hardly any natural caves in Cornwall apart from seacaves. i haven't seen any locked ;)

No, not many caves:

THE CAVES OF CORNWALL by Tony Oldham. 2017  This is a book of a 83 pages  listing all [?] the known caves in Cornwall.  For each cave the follow is given (if known) National Grid Reference, Explorer map number, short description, references, photos, video and surveys. 

tamarmole

Debauchery down South said:
Declaration of Independence from cross border stupidity.​

Since building a wall and Making Cornwall Great Again is not likely to be regarded as a workable option by Cornwall's ruling class, the CBC has had no choice but to draw it's line in the sand and no longer recognises the authority of the BCA (British Caving Association) and the DCUC (Devon and Cornwall Underground Council). Going down holes should be about going down holes, not waving willies, beard measuring or daft nonsense like the borderline OCD BCA bolting protocol.

The CBC regards these organisations as pathogenic to the interests of hole going and hostile to the free enjoyment of history, geology, mineralogy and industrial archaeology, free from unnecessary gates, locks, hindrance, hassle and general henpecked little men making a fuss. It is with great sorrow that we must draw a line under this nonsense and hopefully move forward together, embracing open mindedness, tolerance, 21st century values and most importantly, the valued joy of our fantastic pastime.

We no longer recognise any of the protocols, access related foolishness, silly empires of silly men with their weirdy beardy hierarchy of extraordinary general meetings, decisions about padlocks and which sillybilly wears the ceremonial sword. The CBC refuses to engage with any protocol in this manner and actively encourages other local groups to abstain from this ritualistic silliness.

We are entering a period of exciting exploring, embracing techniques and technology gained from cross curricular developments. We do not and cannot accept this continued Luddite, hair shirt, dogmatic and bigoted nonsense infesting underground exploration like a dirty and unwanted fungus.

From this moment forward, as the most important, big and awesome underground organisation in the UK, we would advise others to embrace the future and put this pack of bullshitters to bed and will set the motion in progress by this declaration of independence.

British Caving Group. We in Cornwall no longer recognise your authority or views on caving/underground related matters.

Devon and Cornwall Underground Council, We do not recognise your bigoted and nonsensical approach to caving related matters in the SW. We are actively hostile to, and strongly oppose your approach to empire building. Aka say "See-ya" to your locks, every time you replace them.

Yours in a friendly pirate fashion.

Chief Hacksaw Officer,

CBC, GFY

Carbis Bay Crew Dominion Broadcast #1

Hello Stu.

Brains

So can you send me a list of mine shafts, adits, etc than I can access, some notes on rigging and rope lengths would be helpful. Old Wheal Jane is a favourite, as is Cligga, but the secrecy of the locals about trips has been highly obstructive. Other regions have published guides and access info, but all I hear from Kernow is fill it in, we dont want off season ???'s from explorers, dont tell where the entrances are, just dont tell them Pike!
I am sure there are so many more holes than, say, Mendip - evn if they are all man made!
Give me a reason not to go to Nent, N Wales, Dales, Peak etc.
Will I need to renew my passport, or learn the language?

mrodoc

I must say that by being polite and friendly I have visited at least one locked mine. I think it is how you approach people. Remind a lot are on private land.

royfellows

From CBC front page:

"Mosque for Cornwall
Cornwall needs a Mosque and Islamaic drop centre ,best on the site of Truro catherdral .. The fun will kick off with street parties and yoghurt craft workshops and then will degenerate into shooting whilst waving mispelt plackards"

Not to mention misspelt website postings
:LOL:

Antwan

What a bizzare post. A few points from my lunch time musings

I do wonder why you had to post this behind a new and secret user name? Most of us have a fair idea who you are anyway.
Does a formal decleration not need to be by someone? Or else who is rejecting the thing in the first place?

This time last year I had a fair amount of respect for the cbc but this post has just flushed all that away.

BCA anchor scheme: safe reliable anchors for permenant installation, use what you want for exploration. Whats wrong with that?

Denouncing the DCUC? Dont you need to prove a greater representation of members to be the biggest most awesome club dont you need to say who you are?

Just a few musing while ive nothing better to do

Alex

I have assumed this was just a windup/trolling. And yes I can guess who by too :)

One thing I have noted if we keep splitting up like this it won't be long until what was the UK is just fragmented separated "kingdoms" like it was in the 1400s. I wonder what is this big drive is to separate more and more, since when is splitting up and dividing ever produced anything good other than weakening both parties.

royfellows

Dont take him seriously, or Tony for that matter.

If there were no 'characters' in the world, it would be a much duller place.

CBC and Stu just like to wind people up.

There a posting a while back by someone or other which was blatantly just a joke I would have thought it obvious to anyone.
But Oh no, someone had to take it literally, there will always be one, and got quite stroppy. Everyone else could see it for what it was, nothing more than a joke.

royfellows

I think trolling and wind up are two different things. Trolls usually target a specific post, or a person.

Wind ups are Stu and Tony's thing, they brighten my day. I mean, think back on some of Stu's postings, I have nearly gone hysterical on some of them.
Bloody yogurt weavers, I ask you. I think the "sustainable green wooden bicycles" must be out of fashion now. Bloody cars.

langcliffe

Alex said:
One thing I have noted if we keep splitting up like this it won't be long until what was the UK is just fragmented separated "kingdoms" like it was in the 1400s.

It wasn't that separated in the 1400s. Scotland was an independent kingdom, but England, Wales and much of Ireland were united into a sovereign entity.