CDG training camp

Reeve

For those who are interested there's a Cave Diving Group training event being held by the Welsh Section on the 1st - 3rd June 2018 at SWCC hut. It's open to all BCA members (including club cavers). If you would like to attend to find out more about cave diving, learn what we do or simply just want to find what makes us tick come along, see event poster below for further details

Attachments

• cdg-training-poster.jpg
    cdg-training-poster.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 454

ah147

Just for anyone contemplating this...the CDG training camps are amazing.

In fact it was the last Welsh training camp which really cemented my interest in cave diving.

I'd recommend it to any caver remotely interested in possibly diving.

PeteHall

I'll second that. I was invited along to the northern training camp a couple of years ago, as a non-diving caver.

Not only was there a wealth of knowledge, but also a wealth of generosity; I was given all sorts of kit, wetsuits, diving harness, helmet, lights, knife, mask, even a set of regs!

And the training, support and generosity has continued.

Only this weekend, Gareth was showing me how to rebuild and balance a reg out of two incomplete units (I haven't dived it yet, but it seems to work!)

Thoroughly recommend the training camp to anyone interested in cave diving  (y)

Reeve

Pete,

We're going to end up with dozens of cavers expecting free kit.

Note to all - you don't get free kit to keep.

Bratchley

Joe90 said:
Do you need to know numbers or anything?

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

If you want to attend you need to let us know/contact us as we can gauge your experience, if any, and give the appropriate guidance to any pre-event prep, if any. It helps the organizers significantly too, as there will be certain amounts of attendees per qualified CDG member when doing try dives/guided trips.

Gareth Davies said:
Pete,

We're going to end up with dozens of cavers expecting free kit.

Note to all - you don't get free kit to keep.

Definitely don't have that kind of budget! Pete got some kit from a very generous Northern Section member, and he's certainly using it! If you're keen, helpful and show willingness to put the effort in then it's likely CDG members will do a lot to help you out, this doesn't necessarily mean free kit though... :tease:

PeteHall

Indeed, free kit isn't on the itinerary for the weekend, but getting to know other members is.

If people know you are keen and starting out, when they have a clear out, you might find yourself on the list :)

Joe90

PeteHall said:
Indeed, free kit isn't on the itinerary for the weekend, but getting to know other members is.

If people know you are keen and starting out, when they have a clear out, you might find yourself on the list :)
Can I get on the rebreather list please hehe

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk