Does anyone know how to make topodroid plot extended elevations?

Hall2501

Currently can only get topodroid to plot profile elevations, which isn't really useful when drawing up the cave in the cave. Tried looking about in the settings but can't seem to find anything that'll change it  :confused:

I can't get a screenshot. Driving me nuts. I'll use a shot from an old version so your icons may look a bit different.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ny6s4nt5wtp4nb1/CaptureTopodroidProfile.PNG?dl=0

In the plan view you can use the menu button at the top left of the screen. There is a help item in that menu. Has a picture of the button you press to switch between plan and profile. Also, when you are in the data page you can select the plan or the profile when you open a sketch. mysketchp is the plan and mysketchs is the profile.

Please be aware that you have to check your "extend right/left" options for each shot. If the program extends the wrong way you can fix that by going to the data page and selecting that data point. On the data point it will show a "<-" if you are extended left and a "->" if you are extended right. Extend is just another way of saying whether they shot should show up on the extended profile going left or right.

In order to do cross sections you need to draw the "section" line crossing your point. This will bring up the section drawing screen.

If I could get my computer working I would send you a short video.

Adam

Hall2501

Thanks Adam :), ahh so the elevation sketch is extended by default, but whether the stations are extended to the right or to the left of the page is controlled by the <=left and >=right symbols on the data page.

I was just getting confused as im used to extended elevations being plotted from left to right on pda/phone surveying software, after seeing them all overlap and stuff naturally I assumed it was in profile.

Do you know if there's anyway to get all the elevation points to all be plotted in the same direction so you don't need to keep go back and checking? Or at least in a direction that make sense, I'm assuming the compass arrow thing on the sketch screen might have something to do with it?

Rob

Hall2501 said:
Do you know if there's anyway to get all the elevation points to all be plotted in the same direction so you don't need to keep go back and checking? Or at least in a direction that make sense, I'm assuming the compass arrow thing on the sketch screen might have something to do with it?
As far as i'm aware, the compass sets the default direction of the elevation plot. So if your system is predominantly East - West, set it to 0? or 180? and it should default the <- and -> directions in a sensible manner.

Be aware, it doesn't do this after the shot data has been received, so for best results you need to set the compass at the start of your trip (difficult if exploring), or at least occasionally keep updating it as the cave turns.

Hall2501

Cool, I might check out the forum :) Ahh okay that makes sense, I wondered what the green arrow was for haha, thanks!