`Cos it's that time of year again!

cap n chris

Yer tis! - for all those curry lovers among us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owK5tHjL0aE&feature=related

cap n chris

Smile! - you might enjoy yourself.

images

Slug

I am disgusted by the suggestion in that song that the Indian Cricket team would tamper with the ball. :spank: Anyone with the slightest intelligence knows that the seam/stitching's can be damaged by advertising boards or stones in the outfield, or strong sunlight, or being twatted with a sodding great lump of willow, but deliberately damaged,,,,,,,,,,,,perish the thought :thumbsdown:

Still they are " Johnny Foreigners " an Englishman would NEVER do something like that. :-\

Slug

According to Alexi Sayle  " at closing time in New Delhi the streets are full of millions of pissed Indians all throwing up steak and Kidney Pies"

shotlighter

It's obvious, didn't you see "Goodness Gracious Me"?
An English of course, "what's the blandest thing on the menu?".

Hughie

The other funny thing about those two cartoons, Cap'n, is that some religions would now have you locked up and be calling for your execution!  ;)

ChrisJC

Hughie said:
The other funny thing about those two cartoons, Cap'n, is that some religions would now have you locked up and be calling for your execution!  ;)

So would Christianity 500 years ago! Their record of drowning witches, and decreeing that the earth is flat is similarly un-enlightened.

Chris.

Peter Burgess

Are you perpetuating the 'flat earth' myth? Was not the main bone of contention whether the sun went round the earth? The concept of the earth being round was accepted by the ancient greeks.

Slug

ChrisJC said:
Hughie said:

So would Christianity 500 years ago! Their record of drowning witches, and decreeing that the earth is flat is similarly un-enlightened.

Chris.

From the tomb of one Gratis P Spencer d. 1908, Lyndon Center, Vermont U.S.A.

Science has never killed or persecuted a single
person for doubting or denying its teaching,
and most of there teachings have been true;
but religion has murdered Millions for doubting
or denying her dogmas, and most of these dogmas
have been false.

There, that should make Yer think now. :sneaky:

gus horsley

Well I believe that the earth is flat, that nothing existed before 4004BC, that fossils in limestone were deposited by The Flood, and that if I throw a chicken into Giant's Hole it'll come out of Russet Well with its feathers scorched but its giblets still intact.