Youngest Caver?

Wolfart

Wondering what or who was/is the youngest caver to go caving?
Looking forward to taking grandson underground in the future.

Peter Burgess

If you have a suitable site then you could take a child underground once they can walk. I am sure we took our youngest into an easy walk-around mine when he was barely 2. Certainly had no trouble showing both lads the top of Goatchurch  (through trip between entrances) when they were only 3 and 4.

JeremyG

I first did Goatchurch when I was three, back in the days when it was muddy. We met a young lad in there a couple of months ago with two guys, he climbed up the coffin lid at breakneck speed (with no handline), we asked how old he was and he proudly said that he was now four! Impressive!

graham

Why wait until they can walk? We took a friend's nipper underground a couple of times in a backpack carried by his dad.

Easy caves, sure, but not just show caves.

Rhys

Earlier this year I took my daughter into Ogof Ffynnon Ddu II in a front baby carrying papoose. She was about 8 weeks old.

I believe my first trip was into Ogof Ffynnon Ddu I at about 18 months old in backpack carrier.

Rhys

Cave_Troll

i know someone who took his very young child into the entrance of the Berger.
No idea if his wife knew...

Rhys

seddon said:
BTW, Rhys...

Congratulations!
Well thanks. It was easy! ;-)

PS. She also did some quite hardcore trips in the womb, including War of the Worlds in Ogof Draenen, Slaughter, OFD and Wednesday night digging!

Rhys

Wolfart

Thanks for the reply's will have to be up yorkshire for his first trip as they live near Huddersfield.
Nice to see your a Maka Paka fan Rhys

Misty

Hey Wolf the nippers balding like his grandad!  :LOL:

Lovely picture and we must see some more pics of the famous baby at the ISSA meet

xxxxxxxx