Caving on the Box

rhychydwr1

Tonight, Monday 7.30 pm Inside out visits OFD

Cavers in England might need to tune to a Welsh Regional Channel of BBC1

David Rose

"This is a bigger and more visceral adventure than I ever imagined."

Richard Parks, the presenter, is speaking on camera about a bog standard OFD two to one ("the deepest part of the system") through trip.

Macho, hyped, exaggerated, and poorly lit.

rhychydwr1

David Rose said:
"This is a bigger and more visceral adventure than I ever imagined."

Richard Parks, the presenter, is speaking on camera about a bog standard OFD two to one ("the deepest part of the system") through trip.

Macho, hyped, exaggerated, and poorly lit.

Well it put me off caving.  I will stick to stone mines.

shortscotsman

I thought it was quite good and seemed to get a good response from people at work. 

As a programme for the general public it seemed fairly accurate.  I'm not sure OFD II to I is quite "bog standard" as someone's first caving trip particularly since it took 14hrs!

I do agree I thought the lighting could have been better -but that is looking at it from a cavers viewpoint. 

David Rose

Bear Grylls is one of our greatest comedians, a genuinely gifted self-parodist. Or so I thought until I bumped into his producer at a party, who assured me that he's totally serious. Hard to believe, but I suppose I must take his word for it.

droid

David Rose said:
Bear Grylls is one of our greatest comedians, a genuinely gifted self-parodist. Or so I thought until I bumped into his producer at a party, who assured me that he's totally serious. Hard to believe, but I suppose I must take his word for it.

Hahahahahaha.

Fair play.....:)

Smiley Alan

shortscotsman said:
  As a programme for the general public it seemed fairly accurate.  I'm not sure OFD II to I is quite "bog standard" as someone's first caving trip particularly since it took 14hrs!

it cant have  been a first caving trip  becaus access to the caves is confined to experienced cavers only .

mikem

Available again (for rest of May):
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07vx473/extreme-wales-with-richard-parks-series-1-2-extreme-caving-ogof-ffynnon-ddu

Mike