Little Neath River Cave

Paul Marvin

Hi Guys

We have only done this trip in the summer months and wonder if an upgrade from our normal 3mm wetsuit to a 5 mm would be advisable at the end of Nov  :-\ (weather permitting).

I am itching to try and get a half decent video in here .

Paul

mrodoc

Depends how badly you feel the cold. It is pretty damp and draughty in places although been in there for too long to mention. Had a great trip with Tony Boycott down the final sump many years ago.

Paul Marvin

mrodoc said:
Depends how badly you feel the cold. It is pretty damp and draughty in places although been in there for too long to mention. Had a great trip with Tony Boycott down the final sump many years ago.

Not bad bro that's why I don't use a warmbac I cook in them. But having said that our filming trips can turn out to be a bit longer that a usual trip

tomferry

We reached sump 2  did all the ducks the canal wet loop pretty much everything returned canal by pass had a 2/3m on in September was hot ! 

Graigwen

Many winters ago, when heavy snowfall was just beginning to slowly melt, I did a trip to Sump2 wearing just speedos under a boilersuit. It was a bit chilly but not unbearably cold. The canal as usual was very pleasant. However on leaving the cave I lay in the river (the level had risen only slightly). A few lumps of snow that had fallen off the bank floated past but the river bizarrely felt warm. I suspect I was closer to exposure than I thought.