caving club peak district/yorkshire

mole636

Hi  I am new to caving and would appreciate some advice in joining a club somewhere up North.  I have done basic SRT but would love to take this further and gain more experience under the watchful eye/eyes of the prospective club. I live near Birmingham so maybe looking at caving once a month for the weekend. any good suggestions please
  :-\ :-\
Thankyou

damian

Alternatively new members are always welcome at the YSS, based near Horton in Ribblesdale in the Yorkshire Dales. We have our own hut and cater for all abilities with a regular meets list and training programme.

Gerbil007

Seeing as you're centrally located, make sure you pay us a visit down on the Mendips too! Mendip Caving Group are always ready to welcome visitors.

zomjon

Hi Mole, Birmingham offers some good clubs of it's own. Check out the 'Cave & Crag' at http://www.caveandcrag.co.uk, they have a beautiful hut in N. Wales (ideal for Croessor to Rhosydd trips!) - they have a planned meet to S Wales this month and are always doing something in the Peaks. Alternatively, Dudley are a very active club.

Brains

Crewe CPC have lots of peak and yorks trips, with members from down your way...
Contact "Ralph" on this forum, or myself if you are interested
B