A few photos above ground of mines in Kongsberg - Norway

francis

Last week my bike was stolen so i had to get a new one. I live very close to some of the mines in Kongsberg and i thought going for a bikeride on the gravelroads and tracks in the woods would be a good way to try it. While i was up there i took some pics of some of the mine openings there are up there with my phone (SE W800i w 2MP Cam so not very good quality). Hope you enjoy them!

DSC00473.JPG

DSC00467.JPG

DSC00468.JPG

DSC00470.JPG

DSC00472.JPG

DSC00475.JPG

DSC00477.JPG

DSC00478.JPG

DSC00482.JPG

DSC00485.JPG

DSC00488.JPG

DSC00500.JPG

DSC00501.JPG

DSC00503.JPG

DSC00508.JPG

DSC00510.JPG

DSC00511.JPG

W

wormster

WHHOO HOO,

those are some BIG holes there francis,

tell me what was extracted, minerals or stone?

have you managed to infiltrate them?

would love to see MORE

francis

Mostly silver was extracted, but also some gold and a few other minerals i think (gold and silver i am certain about). The photos i posted from samuel grube in another thread are from the same mining area (underberget), just a few mins further along the gravel road from where i turned to go home again as it was starting to get dark.

Samuel grube is the only mine i have "infiltrated" sofar in underberget. Have been to a few other places a bit further up the valley. There are many mines here that i would like to visit but you have to apply for a permit which isn't always very easy (writing off for one is, getting  (y) is.....). Many of them also need bolting or re-bolting before they can be descended safely.

Francis ;)

EDIT: The pics are too big to fit the screen so if you open each pic in it's own window you can see what's missing to the right, without having to scroll. Sorry, but i can't be bothered to resize every one and upload them again!