Bookings now open for Hidden Earth

Bookings now open for Hidden Earth
Bookings are now open for the national caving conference, Hidden Earth, which will be in Leek, Staffordshire, on 26-28 September. http://hidden-earth.org.uk.  Apologies for the late opening of the bookings office this year. Online bookings will close one week before the event, and offer you a modest reduction in the entry fee in exchange for a possibly shorter queuing time at the event. Please note that Hidden Earth T-shirts and the Conference Dinner must be booked in advance this year. Also, if any clubs require a club stand, please give us as much notice as possible - three weeks, or your pitch is not guaranteed.

BCRA Photo Salon online entry form now available
The online entry form for the Photo Salon, to be held at Hidden Earth, is now available. Follow the links at http://hidden-earth.org.uk/competitions/forms.html. Please note ... IMPORTANT ... there will be NO entries on the day for the photo salon this year. This will inevitably catch some people out, so please spread the word.

David, Regarding timing of photographic competition entry forms & delivery of item,  I am finding the instructions for entry into the photographic competition confusing.  :-[

The entry form (dated 2012 at the bottom, it's the only one I can find) is saying
How to Enter
You can enter in advance or on the day

Above says
there will be NO entries on the day for the photo salon this year
fair enough but do you mean: 1) entry of the form; or 2) entry of the item
and
and does "on the day" mean Saturday & Sunday or does that include the Friday as well?

The competition forms page says
work may be delivered in advance
MAY? so you don't have to?
It also says
Entries on the day: Not allowed. Pre-entered work not delivered in advance must be recieved by midday on Saturday
but you have said
NO entries on the day for the photo salon this year

:confused:

Am I correct in thinking that the entry FORM has to be received at Hidden Earth (probably at the Photo salon organisers desk) by 11pm on the Friday of the conference weekend
But
you still have until midday on the Saturday of the conference weekend to hand in the ITEM to the Hidden Earth Photo salon organisers desk?
:doubt:

Judi Durber said:
David, Regarding timing of photographic competition entry forms & delivery of item,  I am finding the instructions for entry into the photographic competition confusing.  :-[

Ah. It appears that I forgot to update the PDF containing the Rules and Guidelines.  Sorry!  I will do that in a moment.  To answer your points...
  • Ignore the Entry form that you downloaded, which says 2012 on it. That form is not valid this year.
  • This year, there is no paper form. All entries must be made online at http://hidden-earth.org.uk/competitions/online-entry/photo/
  • You can bring your photos with you at the weekend or, if you are not going to be there, you "may" post them in advance - but you dont have to. (In fact, we'd rather you didnt :)
  • On "Pre-entered work not delivered in advance" ... sorry, I forgot to update the PDF. Ignore that bit.
So, to summarise... There are some downloadable rules and guidelines. But these refer to the 2012 event, because I forgot to update them. They are over-ridden by the new arrangements, which are...
  • You must enter in advance (up to 11pm on the Friday) using the online form. There is no paper form this year. Entries on paper (using last year's form) will not be accepted.
  • You must deliver your photos to the Photo Salon desk by 12:00 on the Saturday, or send them in advance (noting the deadline that we specify)
  • If you turn up on the Saturday with your photos but without having pre-entered online you will not be allowed to enter the competition.

Thank you.  :clap:  I was going round in circles trying to find the correct form from the links.  I will try again at the end of today.

;)

Judi Durber said:
I was going round in circles trying to find the correct form from the links.  I will try again at the end of today.
It is not unknown for my web pages to lead people in circles.  Its been commented on before :(  Please (anyone) send me any reports of circular behavior (with URLs) and I'll try to sort it out, probably by redirecting you to this page.