Which is strongest?

yrammy

Nothing to do with caving but Im sure there are people on here with the right expertise to answer my question.

Which is the strongest design of folding stool out of these two. OK I know you would need to know a lot about their construction and stitching etc, but I am particularly interested in the different seats. One has one piece of materiel stitched over the bars and the other has a series of strips of material stitched over the bars.

Thoughts please
Ta

Attachments

• HH-DC873_WS_01_700x.jpg
    HH-DC873_WS_01_700x.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 478
  • s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 266

Wayland Smith

IMHO
Neither of them are very strong, but it's the frames that go, not the seat.
Also, they tend to be smaller than they look, so if you have a fat ass they are not comfortable for long periods!
However, some will fold to pocket size, so easy to carry.

wellyjen

Assuming rust doesn't get the frame first, then the thing that kills things like these is UV in sunlight weakening the fabric and stitching of the seat. With the single piece seat, once it starts to go, the damage rapidly runs across the entire seat. With the separate straps, one can go without taking out the others, but they are all of a similar age, so won't be far behind. Storage inside when not in use is the best way to a long happy existence for the seat.
Not a lot in it really!

yrammy

I have one of the one piece seats and the stitching went (whilst I was sitting on it).  Good idea about sunlight .  Thanks for your replies so far.