How about some good news

Wolfart

;)How about starting a good news thread as i am fed up reading bad,depresing news
I will start.
I am about to become a grand father(will let you know when it arrives)so does anyone know where i can get a very small caving suit and helmet :D

W

wormster

My Pc gave up the gohst at the weekend,

I got a newer, better, more compact one for ?20 and a bit of graft in getting it up to spec.

Rob

I tried my little prototype headlight yesterday in Carlswark. Not only did it not break straight away (a first for me ::) ), but it's actually brighter than Robbie's Scurion P7. Not sure i need that much light, but it makes me smile inside that it cost <?50, rather than ?300!  ;)

Charlie

Wolfart said:
I am about to become a grand father(will let you know when it arrives)so does anyone know where i can get a very small caving suit and helmet :D

most centre groups seem to use the caving supplies own brand oversuits that are available down to size xxs
or try eBay for child size wetsuits, should get them for under 20 quid. cheaper the better as they will grow out of them in no time.
edelrid protex helmets (with the edelrid webbing not the CS stuff) adjust down to microscopic.

Rob said:
I tried my little prototype headlight yesterday in Carlswark. Not only did it not break straight away (a first for me ::) ), but it's actually brighter than Robbie's Scurion P7. Not sure i need that much light, but it makes me smile inside that it cost <?50, rather than ?300!  ;)

could you post/pm me some details please

my bit of good news; I have my penultimate exam today, soon I will be free to go CAVING.

Charlie

Rhian

Wolfart - thats lovely news. I became an Auntie last weekend too! Give my best to the family and see you soon Gramps!

gus horsley

Congratulations on becoming a grandparent Wolfart.  My good news is that the torrential rain last night has saved the tadpoles in our pond from an untimely dessication.

Wolfart

ianball11 said:
I got married yesterday and no one said anything when they asked if anyone knew of a lawful.......

Ian B.
congrats  hope you both have a fruitfull and happy life together

whitelackington

Good news,
a new $500,000,000 Zimbabwe bank note has been issued today.
Is this the highest denomination note ever :-\
P.S. it's not worth much
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7402943.stm

Aubrey

whitelackington said:
Good news,
a new $500,000,000 Zimbabwe bank note has been issued today.
Is this the highest denomination note ever :-\
P.S. it's not worth much
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7402943.stm

How is that good news? (Unless you own the company that prints banknotes).

Piglet

I got a stenlight and a power stretch fleece for my birthday last weekend - how lucky is that!!!!  :clap:

Trog

Congratulations on your impending Grandfatherhood. Regarding availability of child size caving suits, I maintain that virtually all babies wear caving suits before they get to wear real clothes. I just wish that my giant size fleecy baby gro had integral feet!

Wolfart

George Finlay Scott was born on monday 10:24pm
Weight 9lbs 2 ozs
length 52cm
Mother and baby doing well and he dos'nt cry much
:D :D :D
:D :D :D

graham

Wolfart said:
George Finlay Scott was born on monday 10:24pm
Weight 9lbs 2 ozs
length 52cm