Help - survex to pocket topo

SamT

Probably been asked before but rushing out and haven't got time to search (soz)

Is there a way to get a survex .svx file/data back into pocket topo - so I can pick up where we left off on an existing survey but view it already on the PDA when we start.

note - I only have the .svx file.

Cheers

Sam.

graham

Given that Pocket Topo is a version of Toporobot, it might be worth searching the Toporobot site for an import function. I don't know of an export function for Survex that'd do that & it isn't a change supported by Rosetta Stal.

Personally, I believe that it is a good idea to keep different survey trips distinct from each other, anyway, and to do all the joining up in comfort at home.

footleg

Always worth sending me a PM, as I rarely get time to browse the forum these days  :)

I see you already found my solution. My general workflow is to use my converter program to convert the data to toporobot format. Then import this into a new cave file in PocketTopo. Save this as the 'known cave backbone'. Then start a new cave file in the same folder for each survey trip. PocketTopo treats all .top files in the same folder as the same cave, but only lets you edit the open file. So you can see new data, keeping it seperate from the old imported file data, and export just that trip at the end of the day. It will show the 'backbone' survey in black, and the 'live' survey in red.