Notts route recommendations

Jon

I'm hoping to go down Notts this week, does anyone have any recommendations as to which route I should take for a first time visit?

Sent from my Lenovo YT3-X50F using Tapatalk

Benfool

For a first time visit, I personally would do Centre route to the bottom. The lower section of cave, after the routes converge, is certainly my favorate.

Assuming rainmageddon doesn't return, you should be able to get to the bottom in reasonably high water levels.

B

Alex

I would agree, it is the easiest to rig and least intimidating/complicated route.

Inferus

Centre is a fairly straightforward but reasonable introduction to Notts.
Left Hand, I recall (long time ago, so memory dubious) was a quite interesting and good route (Twilight is partially linked to LH route but more technical)
Adamson's is ok, also has De Profundis route branching off, which I thought was a decent alternative route down.

There's not a great deal of difference in rope usage between the main routes down. Simple solution is pick one, return in the future to sample one of the many other ways down! (y)

Jon

Went down Twilight, loved it. I'm a bit surprised that the traverse above the lower streamway isn't bolted from earlier on, there's some high consequence fall potential.