We have a winner of the Makita Drill competition!!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
WE HAVE A WINNER OF THE MAKITA DRILL, CHARGER & 2 BATTERIES!!

wl

(y) Many thanks to Makita for offering this fabulous prize worth approx. ?350

- Makita are even throwing in a set of drill bits!! 
(y)

All the technical detail you could ever need to be found here:

http://www.makitauk.com/products/cordless-tools/rotary-hammers/all-cordless-rotary-hammers/dhr165zj-18v-rotary-hammer-drill-16mm.html

I've been reading and reading and reading......

I've been transported to many countries, seem some fab formations, wrestled with tackle bags, smiled, winced and in some cases been very glad I wasn't on the trip....

Hand lines made of sausages, Keith photographed under ground on crutches, learnt about a Thunderbirds cup in Agen Allwedd, watched a scaffold pole go down Eldon and a train chug away in a mine, felt slightly smug that I can't remember a tight bit in Vesper (sorry, Jason).

I've learnt about a new cave in Wales, smiled at the next generation of cavers going underground, laughed at the name 'Robert Deriggnot' and the fact that pork scratchings have healing powers...

I could go on...

Trip reports on the forum are informative and entertaining, please keep them coming - and if you don't normally read them - well give them a try over a brew or beer, there are certainly a wide selection to choose from at the moment!

Thank you to everyone who took the time and trouble to enter this competition.  I tried to compile a short list, honestly I did - however found it impossible so entered them all - random.org selected number 31, by Mark R - congratulations!!  :D :D

The trip report can be found here http://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=20424.0  Wonder how they will split a drill into 6??  ;)

wl

MarkS

;) Thanks UKcaving, and Makita of course!  :bow: That should certainly help with future BBPC projects! I'm sure the other contributors will post here shortly too.  :D

Mark R

Amazing news UKC- thank you very much and thanks Makita..! It will certainly be put to good use!

Brains

Please tell me how the warranty service request is dealt with  ;)
Congrats on your prize - I am looking forward to hearing how it performs and how much new ground it liberates

bograt

A very deserving group of winners, I look forward to reading of 'Caverns Measureless To Man' under Eldon Hill  (y) (y)