Hi all, new to caving, from south wales!

KatieJayne

Hi everyone
I'm new to caving, and really can't wait to get stuck in :) Anyone know of any good caving clubs in south Wales?
Hope to meet some cavers local to me :)
KatieJayne

LizW1985

Hey,
Theres Chelsea club in llangattock and theres South Wales caving club in penwyllt :) I think there are others about too. Hope this helps  :) Liz

Alkapton

Cwmbran CC meet every Tuesday 10:00pm ish at Green Lawn, New Inn.

Some cavers should be present there.

Brynmawr CC meet first Monday of the month (unless bank holiday - then 2nd monday) The Hobby Horse, Brynmawr about 8 or 8:30pm  -  better attended.

Other clubs exist - south wales, cardiff uni, chelsea speleo etc.

Tony_B

South Wales CC has a big HQ in the Swansea Valley, and we welcome new members.

We have regular new members' weekends and a packed caving and social calendar. Probably not good for the next few weeks as many of us are off caving in Spain, or at the International Caving Congess in the Czech Republic, but check out our website, www.swcc.org.uk

We have around three hundred members from across the UK, and what is arguably the best-appointed caving club hut in the UK. Ogof Ffynnon Ddu, one of the UK's best cave systems, runs right beneath our HQ and others such as Dan-yr-Ogof are nearby.

Our new members' weekend organiser is in the Czech Republic at present but I'll get her to send you a PM when she's back.

Any questions, please ask!

The club(s) you want to join may depend on where you live.  To start with you want a local club so you don't travel too much to meet-up.  Then possibly a club further a field so you have a nice hut to stay in after the caving and don't have to drive tired.

Welcome aboard  ;)

Peter Burgess

The Wealden are based in the main in Surrey and Sussex but have a cottage at Penwyllt so you can enjoy the fantastic caves and friendly neighbours but also the peace and quiet of a cottage very different  from the SWCC palace. We have about 120 members this year. If you are based in the south east, then unlike some other SE based clubs with bases in the area, we offer a lot of local activity as well as in South Wales.

www.wcms.org.uk