LCMLA

markpot

Just a thought for the admin.I am in the process of starting my caving /mining certs,i thought it may be helpful to have a dedicated thread on here to disscuss,venues,trips,hook ups,different area,workshops, share knowlege ect.Be great to have platform for us to share knowlege and contact like minded individuals.

Pete K

This forum is somewhere that I always direct new candidates to as a source of information and networking. In addition to this, I set up FB group a while ago for arranging trips and get togethers. Obviously it's not a long term repository of knowledge like here, but it has a use.
Search Cave & Mine Leaders (Peak District) on FB. There are ones for other regions too, but I think you're Peak area.
There are certainly a few BCA Trainer / Assessors who use this forum (myself included), so there is some direct contact with people delivering the LCMLA scheme on UKCaving already, even if there is not a specific place for those questions.

markpot

Pete,thanks for the reply,i am not on facebook ,as some other outdoor professionals arent, which is why i posted this up.23 years in the industry and really looking forward to getting my caving tickets. Indroduceing someone to your pasion and watching them buzz of it is awesome.yep,i am south peak based and intouch with alot of provider's daily. I just thought what a great resource it would be?