DistoX2 - delete entry question

GarDouth

Administrator
Can anyone tell me how to delete a measurement entry from the DistoX2? I thought I had seen that it could be done but the manual doesn't mention it only full reset or clear unsent values.

Basically I want to be able to delete a mistake while underground while using only the DistoX2 (no PDA etc).

Thanks.

Goydenman

If I remember right press CLEAR and UNITS together for 2 secs to get rid of them all. Don't know of method to just get rid of one mistake except delete it on PDA if using one

GarDouth

Administrator
Thanks for the reply. Yes, that deletes un-sent items but keeps all the items that are already sent to PDA or computer. I'm surprised there isn't an option to just delete the last entry.

Tommy

Bump, wondering if you figured this out Gardouth, or if anyone might know who missed this last month?

Duncan Price

gardouth said:
Basically I want to be able to delete a mistake while underground while using only the DistoX2 (no PDA etc).

Are you using a similar method to my PDA-less surveying whereby I store all the data on the DistoX2 and download it later? (I guess if you were using a PDA you could just delete the entry on this)

I don't have a way of deleting the last entry though I suppose you could use a protocol of shooting a shot up and then a shot down as a marker in the memory to remind you to delete it (and the spoofed shots) when you downloaded it later) - I do something like this when surveying to DistoX memory with no PDA.