R?seau de la Dent de Crolles

langcliffe

Partly because of the new entrances that have been discovered during the last decade, and partly in response to the enormous amount of work that was put into the system by the Sp?l?o Secours Is?re in 2014 and 2015, I have created a mini-website on the R?seau de la Dent de Crolles.

This does not attempt to describe the routes through the system, but to specify where the latest and most relevant information is to be found. Many of the current route descriptions available on the web do not necessarily describe the routes that have been equipped with belay chains and traverse lines - there are many ways to negotiate a French meander, especially in P40 and Gouffre Th?r?se.

The most important page is that which lists the sources of information, but the website also clarifies exactly where all the entrances are to be found, and the easiest way to find them.

Roperat

Good Info, wish I had this a month ago.
Not sure it is mentioned anywhere on here but all info I found pointed to being able to walk from Guieres Mort to Trou de Glaz..... this track is closed and no longer exists although will take you to within 300 metres of Trou de Glaz. Thinking we would be home by tea time turned into an epic not getting back to the car till 0130 the following morning..... trap for young players

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

langcliffe

Roperat said:
Good Info, wish I had this a month ago.
Not sure it is mentioned anywhere on here but all info I found pointed to being able to walk from Guieres Mort to Trou de Glaz..... this track is closed and no longer exists although will take you to within 300 metres of Trou de Glaz. Thinking we would be home by tea time turned into an epic not getting back to the car till 0130 the following morning..... trap for young players

It does exist, but the route isn't obvious in one place. I had to show some French guys the way in June. When you get to bit of a flat area with a couple of notices on trees and a blind path going straight ahead, you scramble up the wall on the left for a few metres. After the first couple of metres, you'll spot a cairn. The path then continues easily to the cables near Trou du Glaz in less than five minutes. This describes the route.

Roperat

Ah bugger.... again, this description would have been even better a month ago. Haha. Good work on putting it all together.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

langcliffe

Roperat said:
Good work on putting it all together.

Thanks - I've been going to the area since 1968, and my main Chartreuse website has been around since 1998 - but it's work in progress, I'm pleased to say.