Caving gear on Ebay

SamT

I am gobsmacked at the amount of brand new gear, particularly petzl stuff - jammers etc, that are on ebay.

A lot of it is unused/brand new and usually goes for half rrp.

I just got myself a jammer/croll/stop/shunt plus delta and D mallion for 65 quid!!
Anyone taking up caving need go no further to get their SRT kit.

Do you reckon its all been nicked from shops or what. :?

bubba

Administrator
I'm sure your high moral standpoint will dip for long enough for you to buy your kit :wink:

SamT

Ive no moral standpoint.

bidding on a load of krabs / mallions and some petzl pulleys too.

(oi you lot - they're mine :evil: )

bubba

Administrator
I've lost a few ebay auctions recently due to people using those bot programs that submit their bid in the last few seconds of the auction - a right pain....thinking about getting one myself though, has anyone ever used any of them?

SamT

cant you do it in ebay - you just put your highest bid in - and it will automatically bid for you up to your limit. Easy to get carried away though.

bubba

Administrator
Yeah, but doing it that way, as soon as somebody else bids, your next bid is submitted, even miles away from the end of the auction.

With the tools I'm on about, they hold back until the very last few seconds, zaps a slightly higher bid in and then the auction has ended robbing anyone else of a chance to place a higher bid.

underground

SamT said:
Ah - I see. Sounds good - let me know if you find one. Could be handy.

Sorry Sam, I would post a link but I'm a little busy sniping your auction for the krabs and Maillons.... :wink:

Mark

I thought official ebay guff would have more of an ebay look about it. this is supposed to be from ebay safe harbour team ?, or is it from someone with a nice little bot, who wants all the gear for themselves. (dont get me wrong about the nice little bot) :oops: