Covid rates and air corridors

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
I've been trying to keep an eye on a couple of countries which are on the UKGov travel corridor list, ie., those countries which you can visit without self isolating on return.  The key factor which the government seem to use to determine removal from the list is the 7 day infection rate per 100,000 of population or similar.  A few weeks ago I happened across a website page which listed these rates.  Frustratingly I just can't find this info again.  Anyone got a link or other advice?

Cheers

chunky

I put "numbers covid" in to Google search and get all the stats that way to keep track of daily infection rates.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Many thanks to you both but neither of these seem to locate the 7 day infections per 100,000 which the government seem to be using as a measure of whether to remove countries from the exemption list.  According to reports the government set the bar at around 20 per 100,000 and when Croatia moved up to the late twenties, for example, it was removed as others have been.

Several newspaper reports use these figures and quote the source as European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control but I can't find these figures on their web site.

:( o_O

Mark Wright

I'll be embarking on my second job on the EU mainland to put me into quarantine later this week.

All my work is out of the UK so I do keep a close eye on this and I find the Guardian have their finger on the pulse of which countries are likely to exceed the 20/100,000 threshold in the coming days or weeks. 

The Guardian suggests Switzerland will likely be the next country taken off the safe list and Greece and the Czech Republic will probably follow soon after.

I note that Stoke on Trent currently has a rate of 30.8/100,000!!!

Mark

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks G.  Yes seen those but where are the papers getting the figures Mark refers to from?  I saw a newspaper quote Greece as 14.1 a few days ago.

Cheers

mikem

It's not just 7 day figures, it's that the figure has stayed above 20 for last 7 days...

Their map does show it by regions as well:
https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/cases-2019-ncov-eueea

Actually:
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1139048/coronavirus-case-rates-in-the-past-7-days-in-europe-by-country/

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks mikem, excellent piece of Googling.  That statista link looks like the one I was looking for.  (y)

mikem

Comparing the 7 with (half the) 14 day totals should give you some idea whether numbers are increasing in any particular area - Greece has gone up from Badlad's 14.1 to 14.3 (on 14) & 15 (on 7)...