Pridhamsleigh cavern

George.Espi

Hi guys, im heading into Pridhamsleigh cavern for the first time, any good route suggestions. ive done a lot of caving up in derbyshire but by partner has never been down a cave before so somthing that could accomodate her would be great.

mrodoc

A couple of tips. The entrance is big but the main way in is a stoop in the middle into walking passage. After that follow the most worn route and don't make the mistake in thinking that the lake is at the bottom on the first deep bit you find.  We found the lake on our second trip when we first explored the cave having made that mistake. I got hold of the survey sometime after this.  No tackle needed but some slippery climbs and it can be wet in places.  See if you can spot where we have been cleaning the cave!

mudman

mrodoc said:
A couple of tips. The entrance is big but the main way in is a stoop in the middle into walking passage. After that follow the most worn route and don't make the mistake in thinking that the lake is at the bottom on the first deep bit you find.  We found the lake on our second trip when we first explored the cave having made that mistake. I got hold of the survey sometime after this.  No tackle needed but some slippery climbs and it can be wet in places.  See if you can spot where we have been cleaning the cave!

Is a warning about the Attics needed? I've not been up there but have been told that there are a lot of slopes that lead to a drop through a hole into one of the first chambers and that care is needed.