New book available

wl

I have written a memoir about my time as a caver. It is now available. To order one or more copies do the following:
Go to cavefishes.org.uk.
Find the Menu top right.
Drop to the bottom Menu entry ?A series of short passages?.
Follow the instructions provided.
Any questions see the instruction points 7 and 8.
Graham Proudlove

rhychydwr1

Might be quicker to go direct to:

https://cavefishes.org.uk/short-passages.php

At ?35 HB or ?25 SB I will wait for a secondhand copy.

Pitlamp

rhychydwr1 said:
Might be quicker to go direct to:

https://cavefishes.org.uk/short-passages.php

At ?35 HB or ?25 SB I will wait for a secondhand copy.

Well you'll not be having my copy because I'll not be parting with a good book like this. :tease:

rhychydwr1

There is on Ebay a DVD which describes a caver life story for ?3.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274759968169

Cavematt

Just received my copy and looks excellent. Beautifully presented, and on initial flick through, loads of interesting chapters. I've been inspired to go on trips after reading Underground Adventure, and Adventures Underground, and I have a feeling this is going to do the same.

Can't wait to get stuck in.

Rhychydwr1, never mind, your loss, that's one more copy for the rest of us :LOL:

Mark Wright

Just got my copy through the post today.

Can't wait to get stuck in.

I did have a brief flick through though and spotted the Ballooning in Peak Cavern story.

Ballooning is what Big Mark (Mark Noble) wrote on the check-in sheet when he took me on my very first trip in Peak in the winter of 79/80.

Mark (Little)

Pitlamp

Alastair - Graham and I started caving together when we were both very young. I think you'll find the early stuff in the book of interest.

Graham's passion is cave fishes and this subject features quite a lot in the book. He was switched on to cave fishes originally by the late and sadly missed Dick Glover, a wonderful bloke who taught many of us the fascination of studying caves and not just charging through them as a mere physical challenge. It's all in there.  (y)

droid

Used to have some Blind Cave Fish (Astyanax sp) Fascinating to see them negotiate round a tank, and know exactly where the food arrived  :LOL:

Laurie

droid said:
Used to have some Blind Cave Fish (Astyanax sp) Fascinating to see them negotiate round a tank, and know exactly where the food arrived  :LOL:
At least they didn't have to look at you Dave!  :tease:

alastairgott

Pitlamp said:
... I think you'll find the early stuff in the book of interest....It's all in there.  (y)

I've had another glowing review from a well known caver today. I'm going to have to buy it right away :)

Blueberry

I ordered mine yesterday, come on Alistair get in there mate, otherwise you?ll either have to borrow or wait to pick it up 2nd hand. 🤙

alastairgott

Afraid not blueberry!  :tease:  Was I on a trip with you today? :-\ from your recent posts I know you joined the best caving club within 20m of Castleton primary school, and I?ve tried to cave with our new members over the last couple of weeks. So hopefully I?ve been caving with you  (y)

Or have I derigged a cave for you recently  :-\

Attachments

• B5C573F7-3AF8-45DF-8D8C-6F9F58E3BF5A.png
    B5C573F7-3AF8-45DF-8D8C-6F9F58E3BF5A.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 174

FionaH

Very much enjoying reading through so far. Great book, Graham! Of course, with a title like this, I knew it would be.

alastairgott

Cheers graham :) I get to read about HJ and PI at Ash Grove. If you have any other stories about them that you couldn?t put in the book let me know.

Does HJ ever have a lie in? ;) he had me waking up before I normally do for work, to be in ingleton for 9am, 9.04am I get a call ?where are you...?.
I think we were onto the second cave by midday.