10 best trips in county claire?

cavemancolumbus

We're all off there next week, and so I was just wondering if if anyone could recommend there 10 must do trips. We're stayingat the cottages in Doolin. I've got the guide book and already have a few trips in mind, but a few suggestions would go amiss.

Cheers,
Chris

caving_fox

ST Cath's to Arran view is more sporting and enjoyable than getting out early at Fisher st.

Poulelva-Poulnagollum definetly.

Cave of the WIld horses is a plesant couple of hours.
Poulnagree is also fun if only for the change from standing sideways when you reach the bottom. - Not sur eon the access for this any more though.

Coolaugh River cave - check the weather conditions though! South to Middle is a fine through trip.

Maybe the other Cullaun's to round it out. Been a while since i've done them.

andys

And don't forget Aillwee Cave - if memory serves, the road signs for this show cave are encountered almost as soon as you get off the ferry at Dublin / Dun Laoghaire!! :alien:

oli

cavemancolumbus said:
I've got the guide book and already have a few trips in mind, but a few suggestions would go amiss.

you don't want nice friendly people to suggest trips? is that so you have an exscuse to climb all day?

mrodoc

caving_fox said:
Cave of the WIld horses is a plesant couple of hours.

Be careful and don't visit this cave in unsettled weather. It can flood to the surface. Also mud fills some passages at some times and not others. It certainly is an interesting cave particularly the lower gour passage and pitch leading to Frog Passage.

smollett

Doolin river cave is a classic easy trip. We saw an eel down there when we went. It's quite long and varied but you cover the ground fairly quickly since a lot of it is walking size..

graham

Cookie said:
Fergus River Cave is also awesome, but again a big flood risk.

And the lowest point is just inside the entrance. So if it pisses down whilst you're in there ...