BDH or rocket tube wanted

F

Fiona

:LOL: Hi all I am looking for a BDH or a rocket tube . I have a Cannon A80 plus underwater houseing and looking for a tube with a lid that woud fit it . as with its housing a box would need to be very quite large.
non of the shops I have contacted seem to have any . can any one suggest anything else that might work it does not need to be compleatly water proof just robust for caving . it would need to be about 8 inches long and 5 inches wide . any idears would be appreciated.
thanks Fiona.

F

Fiona

:LOL: Hi Paul many thanks for link I have just ordered a drum of them should be great for my camera
Thanks again
Fiona.

H

Huw Groucutt

you can get BDH's from www.upandunder.co.uk tho theyd sold out of some sizes last time i bought some.

BDH's are good because of the different sizes they come in, from ickle baby dinky ones which you can just about get your keys in, through the 1 litre one which is generally use which you can get lunch and a few bits of tat in, upto the biggest ones which you can get stoves etc in. Daren drums are probably a better bet for cameras etc, certainly 2 drums in a tackle sack is the most effective way of carrying largish amounts. The big drums are big enough to fit a sleeping bag in, and the smaller ones are um smaller but just as useful id imagine.

I dont think rocket tubes have much going for them, other than being cheap, they are hard to carry comfortably, other than putting them in a sack, in which case you may aswell use daren drums anyway. think you can get rocket tubes from caving supplies.

Hows your swildons exploring going?

F

Fiona

:LOL: Hi Huw many thanks for reply . I will get hold of some of the BDH cans they sound good Tthe caving is going well .so far I have got to sump 9 in Swildons hole and have been covering quite a bit of ground in there . A couple of weeks ago did the Black hole series and the Renascence sections old and new . A week a go I did one of Martyn Farr`s courses and really enjoyed it . I am keen to do some more cave /sump diving in other caves or mines other than just Swildons as really enjoy the under water sections as well as the semi dry bits .
thanks Fiona.

D

diggerdog adam

Fiona, hi i am thinking of upgrading digi cam and getting a underwater housing whats your honest opion on them are they ok or a bit big and bulky to use the one ive seen is about 140 quid

F

Fiona

diggerdog adam said:
Fiona, hi i am thinking of upgrading digi cam and getting a underwater housing whats your honest opion on them are they ok or a bit big and bulky to use the one ive seen is about 140 quid

Hi there I have a cannon powershot A80 and then brought a underwater housing to go with it . I am very happy with it . The housing makes it a little bulky but not that bad as I mainly do cave diving with it . it even came out undamaged after digging my way in and out of the choke at Pwll`Y`Cwm this weekend .so would recomend it .My housing cost 129 quid online from www.digitaldepot.co.uk they even do deals on the camera and housings together . let me know how you get on
thanks Fiona. :D

D

diggerdog adam

Thanks most helpfull i will keep my eyes open

Thans again

D

diggerdog adam

Many thanks for the tip Fiona got sorted with new cannon ixus40 and underwater housing Aw-dc30 At long last very inpressed with results so far. Although i havnt taken many "underwater" pics its just a worry off your mind when you wading through deep water

Thanks again