STOLEN - Bertie Bat

Stupot

As expected during our BEC 75th dinner persons unknown removed the large Bertie Bat from the Belfry porch.

We half expected some practical joke and found it quite funny :)

However.......... Please could we either A. Have him back, B. Tell us where he is or C. Send us a ransom note.

Bertie is special to us so please make sure he is safe.

Cheers

Stu.
On behalf on the BEC

Darkstar

If sending a ransom note, please remember that it should be amusing.  If any help is needed, Simon Richardson of the Wessex writes a good ransom note. (y)

Bob Smith

shouldn't be too hard to spot...

main.php

cap n chris

Just received a threatening message and terrorist video link, copied in its entirety. Very chilling. I think they're serious. Clearly the work of professionals.

bertie ransom

In order to retain our anonymity we, the Chechnyan Bat Liberation and Caving Club, have selected you as a moderator with UKCaving to act as chief negotiator on our behalf. Your cooperation will be looked on favourably.

UJANIKKA BOLOKOV (Terrorism Secretary)
SLOBBADOWN MACOKUBITCH (Leading Henchman and Torture Master)

I hope they take my co-operation as a sign of friendship rather than toadying collaboration. *Shudder*.

Les W

Absolutely awesome ransom demand, especially the phone call in the middle.

Brilliant stuff.  :clap:

Stupot

Noooo.... stay strong Bertie, do you hear? You be strong, you survive... You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you.

PS. Superb ransom video :)

Stu.

menacer

It is good video but I fear the BEC are not taking it seriously enough.
Dont you guys have to "publicly admit" a few things first.

IIRC saying it was a " superb ransom video" wasnt on the list  :coffee:

I fear Bertie may never be found otherwise.  :cry:

Big Jim

Probably the best posting on UKC ever.  :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If anyone from the BEC wants to borrow a bat detector to track Bertie down, let me know.

exsumper

V Good ransom demand  :LOL:, just feel a little sorry, 'not'  for the two fat blokes in the balaclavas when the BEC ladies get their hands on them.  :thumbsdown:  :eek:

Rich West

Yes - most amusing - I'm sure that there are at least six trigger words here that the men who work in the circular building in Cheltenham will be having a really good laugh about over an evening of vodka & beetroot nibbles!