2009 ICS - Kerrville, Texas, USA

Squirrel Girl

Do any of you UK cavers write and perform songs about going caving?  I'm the head of the Cave Ballads Salon with the NSS.  We've had a contest every year since 1972.  Another will be held with the ICS.  It sure would be great if there were some entries from somewhere other than the US.  Well, actually, we've had some Canucks enter in recent years, but with the ICS in particular, it would be great to receive entries from farther afield.

I guess, considering the UK's reputation, that I should request the songs not be too raunchy for the public salon.
:beer:

If you'd like to listen to what the US has to offer, here's a link to past submissions:
http://www.caves.org/committee/salons/ballads/Ballad%20Recording.shtml

anfieldman

Squirrel Girl said:
I guess, considering the UK's reputation, that I should request the songs not be too raunchy for the public salon.
:beer:

Thats Robin Gray out of the running then.  :coffee:

Mr Fell

Me too - there would have to be at least one round of `Three Prostitutes of ill Repute' before I would go !  :LOL:

Squirrel Girl

Well, don't let the ICS slow you down from having your funny songs/limericks/etc!

But me thinks I'd get in big trouble for including them in the official event!  :-[

cap n chris

With the present Recession/Depression and currency fluctuations I'll wager a kilo to a gram of ploopie that a twennyfie dollah diff'rence won't make much difference to people's planning decisions. You may even find that, come the 1st March, the price drops from $275 to $200.

mrodoc

Angie and I have now registered. Not many from UK going at present. What's the best airport to fly to in Texas to reach the convention?