Banned IP address?

nickwilliams

Since about the middle of the week before last I have been unable to log directly into UKC from my office LAN. I can log in from anywhere else, but it appears that the server is not accepting connections from my IP address.

So far as I am aware, UKC is the only site affected, although it may be that I simply have not noticed that other sites have a similar problem because I don't visit them regularly enough to be aware of the altered behaviour.

Were any changes made to the server on or about 5 October which might account for this? I'm fully prepared to accept this might well be a problem at my end, but information about any changes in the status of UKC would be a great help in troubleshooting.

(Before anyone asks, I'm posting this via an anonymous web proxy).

Nick.

nickwilliams

I did wonder if that was the case, but I can still log in to the forum if I do it from somewhere other than my home/office LAN. If I had been banned then I'd expect to be unable to log in at all.

Nick.

SamT

There have been some server changes nick, and mods to the forum software so prolly just that. I'm sure Bubba/tobimon will see this and have a look see.

Roger W

They haven't made any changes at your end to stop employees logging in to potentially subversive websites, have they ?

I know the government of a certain far east country has taken such steps - at least, it seems that no-one can get onto UKC there.

bubba

Administrator
Nick, from time to time we check logs and ban IPs that we think are up to no good.

I'm not accusing you of this of course, it's more likely that your work have banned it at their end, but please can you PM me the IP concerned and I'll check.