Hidden Earth 2019 - some more photos and lots of thank yous

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies it's taken a day or so, however here are a few more photos of Hidden Earth 2019.

I didn't venture much further than the UKC & BCA stands - ok, so I ventured onto the CNCC stand to pinch their chocolates and of course went to see the secret (and very good) film that I can't tell you about or I'd have to kill you.....

The venue was excellent, if not the weather and I heard many folks complimenting the Hidden Earth Team for finding a new venue in a new area - well done Hidden Earth and I'm sure we'd all agree the team put a huge amount of work in that we all benefit from - THANK YOU!!  (y) (y)

Many thanks also to Mark Wright, Dave Cowley and Paul Dyson for running the Cavers Competitions - they worked non stop, keeping cavers safe and teaching people plenty as well.  Thanks, guys  :kiss2:

wl

We were in the land of dragons, beautiful North Wales

wl

The place for chocolates, oh and info on Northern caving too  ;)

wl

'dem bones,'dem bones, 'dem dry bones....

wl

The British Caving Library stand seemed very busy - well done to Jenny & Mary

wl

Gotta love the Dudley  :)

wl

Chris Howes swept the board with his fab photos.

wl

Brew anyone??

wl

Waiting their turn on the SRT Obstacle race...

wl

Caver of the future  (y)

wl

Guess who was overall winner of the Cavers Competitions??  Yup, the caver on crutches, top effort!!

wl

Like my use of the g? :)

wl

...being pregnant doesn't stop cavers!!  Top effort again  :clap:

wl

Some cavers just have to be wearing their wellies for SRT  ;)

If you took part in the UKC competition, don't forget to check your numbers all this week - good luck.

However the best thing about last weekend was meeting up with caving friends, looking forward to seeing you all again next year, Pegasus.

...some more photos here too:  https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=25525.0

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
not_a_climber said:
When do we hear the results of the cavers comps? (I blame you for bringing out my competitive side!)

Ha, bad me  :halo: It's not up to me how and when Hidden Earth engage with cavers who attended the event and tell them who won what.  UKC donated 100m of rope as prizes - it would be nice to know who won it  :confused:

Mark Wright

not_a_climber said:
When do we hear the results of the cavers comps? (I blame you for bringing out my competitive side!)

I don't have the results of the competitions with me as I'm working out of the country but they would have been announced at the HE closing ceremony which unfortunately I didn't attend as I had a flight to catch.

Mark

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mark, I'll try to find out who won what and post a link or details here :) xx