Possible new cave at Stoney Middleton

T

T pot 1

Anyone interested in a possible new cave at Stoney Middleton ?
Will confirm its location when I have seen the master cave survey of the area this afternoon.
I will then be able to say which system it may join or wether it is a new system in its own right

T pot

JonP

very interested, some more info would be a great deal as were heading up that way tonight to have a venture in hangover hole. got a stoney dale survey the other week.

Rob

T pot 1 said:
Is that a rhetorical question or an invite? I bet there are 100 people on here who are interested in a new cave in the Stoney area!!!

Is it a dig or a newly stumbled upon entrance? Maybe a recently descended old mine that intersects natural? Or in a quarry face perhaps?

martinb

T pot 1 said:
Will confirm its location when I have seen the master cave survey of the area this afternoon.
I will then be able to say which system it may join or wether it is a new system in its own right

T pot

Yes!

Interested to see if its north side or south side as there is/should be a lot more on the south which hasn't been found.

Shovels at the ready!!

AndyF

I've mentioned this before but at the risk of repetition there is a quality lead needs digging in Rubble Rift, South Stoney. We stopped it due to all effort going into Waterways, but it really realy needs doing.

Nice 4ft diameter phreatic tube just filled with silt, nerby stacking (pour it down a hole). Just needs 2-3 people and a small pick and a dragtray or two. Dry, nice, luverly, 5 mins from the surface.

Heading right into the hillside, towards the large chambers in Hangover (Pizzaland). May hit a continuation of that chamber/series.

Anyone wants to do it go ahead, or PM me for more details.

T

T pot 1

OK guys I checked out the master survey and it is in the right place  ;)
First one to it can dig it but bear in mind it was me that found it :-\
OK  how would you like a active swallet on the south side of the dale
and maybe by looking at the master survey it will at depth intersect the main passage of the Merlins streamway
Conjecture maybe but do go and have a dig (it maybe a lost lead)
Location is 6mtrs west of Hawkenedge Sough where the complete stream from Water Grove Sough is sinking into it
Go get it boys
Best of luck

but do keep me informed

t pot

spikey

Anyone still rooting about in Bagshot Row??

That has struck me as being in a prime position, and the digging, if I recall, is similar to that mentioned by Andy F. An optimist may suggest, that given its position, it could ultimately bypass the West Choke in Streaks, and head into the blank area towards Waterfall ..........

Pete K

I was poking about in Stoney a few weeks back and the Bagshot dig still looked 'visited'. Don't know who is working on it though. I still have not got round to having a look at Rubble Rift either. Not enough days off!

Mark

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

What are you on T, clocked this one months ago

Its where the 3ft diameter pipe chanelling the stream past Hawkenedge well used to start before all the shit from the dam burst blocked it up, you can probably still get in to the pipe where the Hawkenedge water joins it.

SamT

:LOL:

surely not a case of Tpot trying to get a few keen diggers to clear up the mess left by the dam burst.  :LOL:

seriously though - Im not familiar with that area, so cant say what the actual situation is