New Portland cavers

R-l caving

Hi guys I'm new to the forum.
Ok I'll try to make a long story short ha.
Iv been caving on portland for about 3 months now with my girlfriend she's just as enthusiastic about caving.
Ok where to start id like to say hello to anyone who caves on portland and all fellow cavers.
we have been in grove cliff caves using them as are training ground to develop better technique, we have been in sandy not that far in the cave just passed the inkwell taking the right passage it was getting dark so we called it a day we plan to go back in at some point,
we did go in hopeless hole that same day about 1 month ago, now would like to get more involved both of us really enjoy it and want to start digging in caves, maintaining walk ways, blocked passages, finding new caves passages, but would like some advice about this from cavers with experience in digging, preferably on portland.
did recently clear a path just passed grove cliff fissure left side of what I'm guessing is a ventilation tower to find the cave we got in ended with a big block wall in front of us over the other side of that wall seems like some sort of sewer system if anyone knows what I'm on about, I would like to help in maintain caves and paths as we have been caving in some, from what I have read it seems like a few of the guys on here spend time maintaining and find new caves, we are pretty new to caving so any advice in the way of going to other caves and thing we could possibly need would be great help if portland caving wedsite isnt already got it on there.
the one cave we do want to go in is blacknor cave, I do have all the gear to do the absail but not sure about how to get in the cave once at the entrance and how to exit some help and advice would be good,
we did buy all the gear for climbing but we enjoy caving a lot more but money not wasted as I'm sure we will need most of it for caving,
ok so that's the short story haha.
oh I will say if anyone who caves on portland digging if you need any timber like 4x4 or 3x3 and so on I do get a lot of spare wood from time to time I'm more then happy to give it to anyone digging on portland for free just pm me and I'll see what I can do as I live right by blacknor road I could possibly even take it to the cave it's needed in so it's there ready for you.

tim.rose2

Hello,
Sorry for the slow reply I've been away for a few days and just back.  Happy to show you around the various caves on Portland and would be even more delighted if you wanted to help with our mad projects.  I'll drop you a PM with more details in the next day or two.
Tim