Possible issue at Small Mammal Pot

Pitlamp

I glanced down the entrance of Small Mammal Pot today, en route to use a different entrance into the system. There's an accumulation of what looks like toilet paper at the foot of the initial drop. Interpret this as you see fit but it maybe some filth hound has used the slatted wooden cover as a convenient toilet seat. (Didn't go down for a closer inspection as I wasn't changed and had a massive rucsack on.)

It wasn't there the last time I looked down the entrance (on 23rd March). Whoever goes for a trip down SMP next might like to have a poly bag to hand, something to scoop with with and maybe some disposable gloves?

pwhole

They could at least have done it in a plastic bag, and then hung it on a tree for you to take home later. We found a couple of those treats in Odin Gorge the other day - and a guy told us he wouldn't go in Odin Cave because of all the litter and crap that was in there - couldn't face looking in case he was being literal.

alastairgott

did he use a 4 letter word which aptly summarises "litter and crap" in one word. 'i'm not going in there it's full of S..."

pwhole

Pretty much. I mean, I know we all get caught short occasionally, but at least folks could try and find a flooded stope or something...! The one in Giants Crapwalk was the best one though - like the log flume at a theme park, though I managed to get ahead of it eventually.

A_Northerner

Had to crawl over a "parcel" someone had left in the dry crawl before Donkey Dong inlet in Streaks once. Made the entire passage effectively a free-dive as I held my breath for the duration of the crawl  :yucky:

nearlywhite

A_Northerner said:
Had to crawl over a "parcel" someone had left in the dry crawl before Donkey Dong inlet in Streaks once.

I'm starting to think you seek these out Jack.
http://www.shefcavers.org.uk/2015/05/30/the-underpant-erbury-tales-p8-in-the-style-of-chaucer/

topcat

At least there is a by-pass via Stile Pot.  Much better  than doing the first pitch of Small Mammal anyway, and saves on a rope too.

A_Northerner

nearlywhite said:
A_Northerner said:
Had to crawl over a "parcel" someone had left in the dry crawl before Donkey Dong inlet in Streaks once.
I'm starting to think you seek these out Jack.
http://www.shefcavers.org.uk/2015/05/30/the-underpant-erbury-tales-p8-in-the-style-of-chaucer/

Guess it was only logical progression that I became a Shitdolphin