Win a Warmbac Cordura Suit!!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
WIN A WARMBAC CORDURA OVERSUIT!!

(y) (y) Many thanks to Warmbac for offering this fab prize  (y) (y)

Warmbac: 'Clothing designed by Cavers for Cavers. Founded in 1972 and based near the Mendip Hills, Somerset, England'

http://www.warmbac.com

The winner will receive either a men/women's cordura suit in their size.

wl

To enter simply (!!) identify the caves shown in the video.  There are 52 clips, filmed in 13 different caves. 

The caves may be identified straight away - though I doubt it having watched the video! (in which case repeat the answers on this thread to enter) or not at all  :eek:  If it's the latter, we'll post some clues - to be in with a chance of winning, join in trying to identify the 13 caves on this thread - getting all 13 might have to be a group effort!

Competition rules:  Members of The Dudley Caving Club are not allowed to enter - sorry but it wouldn't be fair! By all means post on the thread, however if a Dudley post get's chosen by random.org, we'll redraw. Plying members of The Dudley with beer in order to get the answers from them isn't allowed either  :LOL:

The winner will be chosen at random on Saturday 9th April.

Good luck!!

http://youtu.be/lG0WJkmOwd0

(y) (y) UKC would like to thank Keith from the Dudley for putting the video together and allowing us to use it for this competition.  Thanks also to Mark Burkey for the excellent photo and Brendan Marris for his photoshop skills  (y) (y)

JasonC

I like it - Wezzit with prizes!

but "The winner will be chosen at random on Saturday 9th April." -  presumably only from amongst those who have got the highest correct score ?

aricooperdavis

I'll hazard a guess that [0:11] is the Lobster Pot in Sidcot Swallet?

Edit: I'd also agree that the next clip at [0:12] is Peak Cavern.

Edit: And then I'm fairly sure there's some Daren Cilau in there at around [0:43].

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
JasonC said:
I like it - Wezzit with prizes!

but "The winner will be chosen at random on Saturday 9th April." -  presumably only from amongst those who have got the highest correct score ?

Thanks Jason, glad you like the idea of a Wezzit with prizes!  The winner will be chosen from amongst all those who have a go at identifying the 13 caves - aricooperdavis and RichardB1983 are now in the running for example.  In a few days we'll let everyone know how they're getting on  ;)

(Keith - I might need your help with this!!  (y))

Les W

So far I reckon I have spotted Sidcot Swallet, Cwm Dwr, Lesser Garth Cave, Peak Cavern, Pant Mawr, Swinsto and Pippikin

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Les W said:
So far I reckon I have spotted Sidcot Swallet, Cwm Dwr, Lesser Garth Cave, Peak Cavern, Pant Mawr, Swinsto and Pippikin

Six out of those seven are correct!

Les W

I guess it's the rig off the stemple one that's wrong, looked a bit wide for Pippikin...  :unsure:

Here are a few:
Daren Cilau, Stoke Lane Slocker; Sidcot; Fairy Cave; Swinsto; Peak Cavern; Ogof Gofan; Pant Mawr; Bath Pot/ Rods (not sure which bit is which at the bottom); Longwood.

I have still to find the evidence of some of those.  I have to say their videos are improving in quality  :clap:

What have I missed that is on Les's list

Cwm Dwr, Lesser Garth Cave

andrewmcleod

The only one I think I could even guess at is Pant Mawr, not that I've actually been there! (just seen the entrance in a video when the plan, which didn't happen, was to go there)

I have a terrible memory - I can't even remember the way I came into a cave normally, let alone remember what it looked like later on! (hence my obsession with surveys and planning...)

In my defence I don't think I've been in any of the caves in that video based on the replies in this thead (except Cwm Dwr - the first clip dropping into a crawl maybe)? Time to go caving! :)

Les W

I think Shakespear's is there as well  :unsure:
Going to have another look, didn't see Longwood...

teabag

This is my list so far. I know I've got one missing
Daren Cilau, Sidcot, Fairy Cave, Swinsto, Peak, Pant Mawr, Cwm Dwr, Lesser Garth, Shakespeares, Illusion, Pwll y Gwynt and Rhyd Sych

teabag said:
This is my list so far. I know I've got one missing
Daren Cilau, Sidcot, Fairy Cave, Swinsto, Peak, Pant Mawr, Cwm Dwr, Lesser Garth, Shakespeares, Illusion, Pwll y Gwynt and Rhyd Sych

Oh, Already spotted. impressive!