Ledcaplamps

Ok just wondering who has a led lamp of Roy fellows and what model did you choose.
What the run time is ok meduim power ?
I?ve no doubts that Roy?s products are second to none but I?m curious what the most common lamp is that?s bought. And if there are any cons to the pros.
I?m looking for a good lamp with a nice bright spread of light for catching videos on my go pro. 
Thanks for any input you may have.

Trig Gledhill

Hi Steve,

This is my Scorpion X12 in action. I've had it just over a year and it's been used in my home region of South Wales, Yorkshire and 2 weeks of caving in Spain Cantabria. Hadn't let me down whatsoever and the full power setting is epic for photos but most importantly the normal setting is giving me 13-18 hours of life with still an amazing output of light.

Roy himself has been very helpful when I've asked several questions with the lamp. I can fully recommend his products!

99388c4f61f81ed016567fc8b859673c.jpg
d43a90c25451268de8ac8a6ea7175857.jpg

Full power, my lamp only in Gnome Passage, OFD2
31c91f48f622f0d8a9b63b2cdd784c55.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

andrewmcleod

I have a Dragon (which is great) and a Lynx Basic (which is definitely not as good as the Dragon). I also have an old SAR4500 but he doesn't do those any more.

Trig.....  how bright is the meduim setting please would it be sufficient for lighting up for use of a go pro or camera ? My Petzl light just really lights up a donut shaped light area lol so on. Play back quality can be compromised

Trig Gledhill

Lowest setting of the high power mode is 300L for 17.5hours (this is what I call the middle setting as there is more lower settings more suited for week long underground expeds)

It has a nice spot on it aswell.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

droid

I have one of Roy's old bat-cookers and it'll light up any chamber in Cwmorthin.  :LOL:

Just contact him and tell him what you're looking for.....

Mattrees

I have a dragon. Been happy with it for long trips in demanding caves. Lots of light for filming and photography. Great support from Roy when a cable got damaged.

royfellows

I am highly flattered, but up to my eyes with organising NAMHO at the moment.
I have just stopped the X_Basic and am testing a new design, but wont be available for while.

Its a fiver more expensive to cover a better button switch
1/ New button, stands proud and is 8 Newtons pressure, IP 68 (but lamp only IP67) so proof against Derbyshire mud. (Main issue with the previous one)
2/ Emitters upgraded to XPls from XMLs. Cost pennies more and better emitters.
3/ New reflector configuration of spot beam and wide angle. Slightly crisper output.

It also makes production smoother as its basically same inside as the Scorpion TGX, but slightly lower output. It also looks neater at the front, better laid out inside etc.
I am dedicated to producing a decent lamp that anyone can afford.

?100 plus ?5 postage ... when available

ttxela2

I bought the original Magnumstar which is still in occasional service. Roy's had it back for a couple of rebuilds, his customer service is second to none!

Its an excellent lamp and perfect for video and photography.

I've been very impressed by his more recent lamps but while the Magnumstar is still going strong I've seen no need to replace it.

droid

That's what I have. None better for big chambers, and the flood is perfect for walking.

I've taken underground shots as if I was above ground. They expose fine.

royfellows

Stevekennedy said:
What?s the specs for the magnum ?

They haven't been manufactured for years, the last of the big bat cookers was the Lynx X12. This gave about 3250 lumens of either beam or flood, and about 7500 lumens with everything on.
The last one was sold a couple of weeks ago, now discontinued as I can no longer get some components.

I am developing a replacement, but will be next year at earliest before any available for sale. See the other thread on 18650 cells.