Drinks containers

JoshW

Hi all,

Looking at getting a flask for a caving bag, needs to be cave-suitable as I go caving with scouts, and kids are stupid so it will get battered. Just for a hot brew as an emergency

Likewise looking for a water bottle that can put up with cave type damage.

Cheap is good for both, but if gonna last a long time budget can stretch

PaulW

Carry your own bag, it will be a lot safer that way rather than getting the kids to carry all your stuff  :tease: :clap:

JoshW

Then what?s the point in taking kids caving

Also I?m blaming the kids for my own blatant clumsiness

JasonC

JoshW

JasonC said:
If it's for a hot brew, what about this:
https://www.nisbets.co.uk/olympia-flask-stainless-steel-500ml/cn695?vatToggle=incvat&gclid=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI8ZWbo7Pr3gIVr7vtCh2JuwrSEAQYASABEgLgi_D_BwE&cm_mmc=PLA-_-806851437-_-42653046675-_-CN695&cm_mmca1=go_806851437_42653046675_191689508775_pla-441753463823_c_
- I've one very similar and it is cave-proof

If just a cold drink, I usually re-use a 1 litre pop/water bottle - strong enough when full, and you can just recycle when finished.

Flask for hot brew and bottle for cold. I normally try and remember a 1L bottle but don?t always remember to buy one, if I had a proper bottle to refill I might get better at it

Shapatti

PaulW said:
Carry your own bag, it will be a lot safer that way rather than getting the kids to carry all your stuff  :tease: :clap:
Isn't that what people called Dylan are for?  :LOL:

I tend to use 1L Lucozade bottles for water, as they are a fair size and a tougher plastic.

JoshW

Shapatti said:
PaulW said:
Isn't that what people called Dylan are for?  :LOL:

I tend to use 1L Lucozade bottles for water, as they are a fair size and a tougher plastic.

Hmm, what about those metallic bottles that i've seen some people use, do they stand up to the test of time or do they just get roughed up too easily?

Ian Ball

I was very impressed with a camping mat wrapped vacuum flask I saw on a trip, bump protection and added warm jacket!

markpot

Any decent flask will do,i have a stanley.rap it in carry mat foam and gaffa tape.keep it in its own lightweight dry bag in case of leaks.job done. (y).mine has survived 4 years of beatings so far.perfect under the camping mat.

Leclused

for cold water I use  an army drinking bottle. 

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Outdoor-1L-Militaire-Tactische-Fles-Waterkoker-Leger-Camouflage-Drinkfles-Voor-Camping-Wandelen-Jacht-Klimmen-Water-Cup/32832689833.html

Easily found in army outlets.