Creosor through trip

AndyF

We'd like to do the Croesor-Rhosydd mine through trip sometime end November/ start December.

For specific reasons I wont go into here we need to do the trip reliably, and without risk of c0ck-up or route finding difficulty, either in the mine or on the way back. It needs to be a smooth trip... (y)

What I want is essentially to hire a guide for the day, or simply someone who knows the trip well, and we are willing to pay someone to do that  (y) yes real money.

Perhaps someone needs to add to their LCML assesment log thingy and here is a willing and able party for the trip?

Plz PM me if you think you can help on this or suggest someone who might...

Brains

Hi Andy, Have done this 3 times and would be willing to do it again... do you have a dinghy or two that could be sacrificed? Route finding underground is fairly straightforward, its on the moor above that you may have problems :)
How many would there be in your group? A couple of friends of mine may wish to come along as well... let me know if you have a better offer or wish to meet up?

Ian Adams

Just a little note; the metal chain bridge over the water has collapsed (looks like a section of the roof it was bolted into has come down) so you will need to cross two lakes of water by boat.

Also, the rigging for the abseiling is a little worn (both pitches) - the ropes are protected against sharp edges of slate but with constant use the protective cloth has become almost useless.

It's still a safe trip but no chain bridge and two dingy rides.

Our own club (www.ucet.org.uk) have just been and we are planning to go again in November (this month). If you go with Brains or with Brains & Co, & us then great  :) otherwise give our secretary a nudge and we can all go through together (secretary@ucet.org.uk) (Her name is Jo)

;)

Ian

clunk

AndyF said:
For specific reasons I wont go into here we need to do the trip reliably, and without risk of c0ck-up or route finding difficulty, either in the mine or on the way back. It needs to be a smooth trip... (y)
What I want is essentially to hire a guide for the day, or simply someone who knows the trip well, and we are willing to pay someone to do that  (y) yes real money.
Perhaps someone needs to add to their LCML assesment log thingy and here is a willing and able party for the trip?
Plz PM me if you think you can help on this or suggest someone who might...
May I suggest going to www.mine-explorer.co.uk and/or www.aditnow.co.uk
The owners of both web sites are local to the area and do the trip frequently.

We did the trip back in September and the ropes had been protected with some heavy duty plastic hose pipes which seemed to be working quite well.

AndyF

Thanks for the replies, looks like we are going to postpone until after Xmas, trying to get it done before is going to be a squeeze...

I'll take up the suggestions closer to the time.

Thnxs again all

T

twllddu

Jackalpup said:
It's still a safe trip but no chain bridge and two dingy rides.

So it's still safe even after the roof collapse that took the bridge out?

What state is the rest of the place in ?

Ian Adams

I was there last Sunday (11th Nov), you will need;

1) Down gear (several pitches)
2) Up gear (1 ascent only)
3) Cow's tails (goes without saying?)
4) Buoyancy aid (lifevest for 2 dinghy rides)
5) A pulley (there are 3 zip lines)
6) A Dinghy
7) A resolved state of mind  :halo:

The first lake had a bridge which has now collapsed. There are two deflated dinghies left at the right side but one is totally dead and the other is punctured (but can get across and back to be re-pumped). We took our own but slashed it on the slate rocks  :cautious:

The second lake is equipped with two servicable dinghies left by previous cavers  8)

Ian

was there on Saturday (10th) We left one of the boats in the last chamber.
Will probably be there again n a few weeks. The route is pretty easy really. Have fun

Cavegod

if someone is going to do this trip could you let me know if i can tag along as my club are too chicken to do it.